Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Theorist

Needed your opinions i am trying to link the nursery outings policy to a develoopement theorits and a reason y have thought of 1 so far wanted ur opinions

THanks

Willows08 :o

i thought it may link to piagets cognitive development . that children interacting with their environment created learning. Children construct their own knowledge by giving meaning to places, people and things in the world.

yes no not sure

What about Bronfrenbrenner?

Well ummm is that the circle with different the child in the middle and others around them. Or I am seeing things? (well I haven't done my top up yet!)

Please enlighten us Maz!

Thanks

Beth

I also believe that the Ecological System theory by Bronfenbreener may have an impact on the policy. This theory focuses on everything that the child has in them and in there environment effects how they grows and develop, Bronfenbreenr labelled different levels of the environment that influence the child’s development into 4 areas- the Micro, Meso, Exo and Macro systems.

The Macro system is based upon the theory that the more relationships the children encounter the more effect this will have on their development. I feel that by going on outings away from the nursery the more people the children will get to encounter hence affecting their Micro system and benefiting their development.

How does that sound please HELP

How does that sound please HELP

Doesn't sound to me like you need any help, willows08 - just the opportunity to discuss what you already know! I've attached a link here which gives a good description of each of the systems - and under mesosystem it mentions connections between the contexts of children's lives so this might be worth pursuing.

How many theorists do you need to mention?

Just as an added thought: have you checked out the EYFS CD-Rom? There's lots of links to research on there - it might prove useful?

Good luck with this - sounds like an interesting assignment!

Maz

PS The best explanation of Bronfenbrenner's theory I ever saw was done by Sally Thomas with the aid of a set of Russian dolls. She started with the smallest doll (to represent the child) and with each description of a system she would encase the 'child' in the next size doll. To remind us that the child was still at the heart of all these systems she would shake the doll so we could hear it rattling around inside!

Edited by HappyMaz

The best explanation of Bronfenbrenner's theory I ever saw was done by Sally Thomas

Every time I see this woman's name mentioned it makes me think I need to hear her speak, but I've never seen anything advertised.......where can I find her??

Every time I see this woman's name mentioned it makes me think I need to hear her speak, but I've never seen anything advertised.......where can I find her??

I'd speak to whoever co-ordinates your EYP network - get them to book her for one of your CPD sessions! Her new book is published by Heinemann so if you wanted to contact her directly you might try them. I may have an email address somewhere and when I've got time I'll dig it out. Perhaps I could email and ask her if she has a list of forthcoming appearances that you might gatecrash?

She's doing a training day here in Maidenhead next month so if I manage to get on that day I'll speak to her and see if she knows about the FSF!

Maz

Sorry to hijack your thread, willows08, but just wanted to say something else about Sally Thomas.

If you want to go looking on the web, be warned that this isn't the Sally Thomas I mean. Although I'm sure she's an admirable person!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)