Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children's Services Progress Record

Cait

I've just got my new contract to sign for NEG from the county, and one of the clauses says "At transition, from one provider to another, ensure that information about the child's achievements and progress towards the early learning goals is passed onto the receiving provider, using Children's Services' Progress Record"

I've never seen one of these - has anyone else? We always use our own Learning Journey booklets - one copy with loads of stuff in for the parents and another general overview goes to the school.

What does anyone think? Has anyone got one of these? I've googled it but nothing has come up, I even went on the County website to see if there was anything on there, but no luck

Obviously I have to sign the form or we get no NEG but I've emailed them to ask what it is - no reply as yet so perhaps they don't know either :oxD

Hi, i have not heard of them either, we do the same as you the learning journey booklets. Will be interesting to see your replys. Sorry not much help 0258 x :o

yes i think i know what you are talking about in gloucestershire we have a transfer record to complete. it is basically a doubled sided a4 sheet with the six areas of learning on. you write which aged range your child has acheived and then comments in a small box. this is then passed onto school.

angela

Well i rang them and the lady who apparently sent me the contract didn't know what one was either! She's getting someone else in the EY team to 'find out'. Sounds good doesn't it!

• 3 weeks later...

Would you believe that no-one in our County Sure Start team can tell me what this is! I've had to send the contract back, signed, but with a post-it attached as a codicil to the agreement! Apparently no-one else in the county has questioned it - they've all just signed it. I'm a bit flabbergasted to be honest, it's obviously and agreement they have cribbed from some other county if they don't know what it says! It also asks for us to send in our contract with parents - which I have, but the woman I spoke to on the phone said that many settings had sent in their agreement with parents about Nursery Grant (not claiming elsewhere) and when I asked if this what what she wanted, or what I'd sent, she said she 'didn't know.....'

Sigh :o

Don't worry you are not alone. I have just gone through our new NEF agreement with the LA and noted about a dozen points which I have never seen before and which need more explanation. I can pretty much guarantee that they will not be able to adequately explain them when I call tomorrow and someone is bound to say "Oh I didn't know it said that. I'd have to ask someone about it for you" and then won't ring back!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)