Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Iep's

HAd an issue today when we had to speak to a parent about her child who we have assessed and observed over a few months and are now putting him on an IEP.

This made us think .

Does anyone know of any leaflets of info that can be given to parents explaining what an IEP is in their language.

We obviously do this but I wondered if there was anythin parent friendly!!!

Hmm, I would have thought there would be. Are you using the new IEP format or the old one? We've a had a new one given to us by our EYAT and it's about 8 pages long for goodness sake! Have you googled it?

Hmm, I would have thought there would be. Are you using the new IEP format or the old one? We've a had a new one given to us by our EYAT and it's about 8 pages long for goodness sake! Have you googled it?

The one we use only has one page!! I think I'll google it like you say

if you are in a nursery when I was area senco I found sometimes it was a softer approach in nursery if you called then IPP individual play plan. It is exactly the same but parents are not so spooked with the terminolligy

well the one we used up until last summer was a page (and a little bit) long and was quite simple, you could see things at a glance easily, but this one is NONSENSE!! I'm glad no-one else has it - that means it's not mandatory! YIPPEEE!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)