Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Harvest

On the 15/10 we have our Harvest Festival. This is a whole school event where parents come in. Each class does their own song / rhyme. :o

The others are preparing already and I am still looking for inspiration. It needs to be simple, I'd prefer an action rhyme because no doubt when it comes to performing they won't sing- I have no musical talents and do not fancy doing a solo infront of the school & audience! xD Ideally it should be food based but I might be able to get away with an autumn theme.

Any suggestions please?

hello Karen I dont know what age you teach ,but Im in Nursery and last year my nursery sang a song called 'Picking up conkers'and they managed really well .It was short and easy to sing.The children hald up pictures of conkers ,Then acorns etc .This was my contribution to whole school Harvest festival and it had the ahh factor because it was the first time the children had performed to an audience.If you are interested Ill try and get the music to send to you .Please just say and Il have a go and try to send it as an attachment [not very confident at this but willing to try ] :o

PS One of the other teachers played the piano for me cos Im not Musical

Hi

we have big letters that the children hold up saying harvest time with simple sentences that the children learn for each letter, can let you have a opy. the really little ones sing a song called bouncing up and down on my big (pick a colour) tractor bringing in the ???? whatever... again can let you have a copy if needed. :D

Sorry- should have said; I teach Reception!

They have only been in school 1.5 weeks so needs to be simple as there are enough other things they are trying to learn.

Would be interested in your song but only if it is a simple tune that can be played without music????? (sorry to be so fussy!!)

Karen

I ve used a song very successfully which is sung to the tune of hear we go round the mulberry bush and is about Farmers!

This is the way we dig the soil (x3)

when we are being farmers

This is the way we plant the seeds

when we are being farmers

This is the way we water the ground

this is the way we harvest/ pick the crop

You can add verses if appropriate but Ive found that was quite enough!

Thanks Susan,

We were let off harvest festival this year as Y3 are due to do their class assembly & undertook to do it all - but I'm going to offer to do that to help them out - should get some brownie points, and I think the children will love it!

I'll see if we can get parents to get them all dressed up for the occasion.

Dianne

CRESTACAT please please plese could I have a copy, am panicing a little as we were told in our staff meeting today that we were all to contribute to our harvest assembly this year and that it is in TWO weeks...agh! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)