Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Autumn Themed Stories...

Hi,

Just been told today that we are abandoning what the MTP says and we are going to do autumn / harvest next week. Does anyone know of any books that might tie in with this before i go rooting through the book cupboards!!

Thank you!!

Tink! :o x

Hi

Some of the percy the park keeper books are themed around autumn and we have been doing harvest this week and based our work around a book called Olivers vegetables.

As Wolfie recommends 'The Little Red Hen' is perfect. You can made bread, provide items to make the mill, use corn for the children to grind the seeds etc. Re-enact the story and the children can build the mill, and for literacy make signs etc.

I've got a lovely book called "The Prickly Hedgehog" it's about the hedgehog family who go for a walk, little one gets seperated and looks for the family - he sees lots of things he thinks are his family - conkers, mushrooms etc and when he eventually finds them they are on his back and they eat them! Really cute slant on Harvest/ Autumn?

I've got a lovely book called "The Prickly Hedgehog" it's about the hedgehog family who go for a walk, little one gets seperated and looks for the family - he sees lots of things he thinks are his family - conkers, mushrooms etc and when he eventually finds them they are on his back and they eat them! Really cute slant on Harvest/ Autumn?

Can i borrow it for next week?!! Hee!

Tink! :o x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)