Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Please Help With Planning!

Hello all.

I am after picking your brains please! :o

On Monday evenings I lecture an NVQ level 3 group doing child care learning and development. They are a bunch of very lovely ladies!

(They will be reading this so I have to say that!!!!! Just kidding)

They are nearing the end of their course and we are now going to revisit any areas where they still have worries/ problems!

Planning is one of those areas!

As there is not one "proper" way to plan I have tried to show them a variety of types of planning and may have actually added to their confusion rather than widening their horizons!!

There is much confusion over long, medium and short term plans!

My idea is to bring them onto this lovely forum next Monday, get them signed up and I am hoping you lot will leave your thoughts.......... and maybe (please) some planning examples.

I am going to place a thread in several places.... hope that is OK, as I have a group who come from various backgrounds.... child minders, after schoolers, nursery, special school, creche, groups who have to pack away at the end of every day.

I will also prompt them into the resource area and to basically read whatever threads they feel will help them!!

So please be kind......

Help me to help my ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanking you in anticipation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

planning is a big issue and unfortunatly there is not one way of doing it - wish there was!!!!!! :(

Agree and disagree Hali. :(

Agree planning hs become a 'big issue'

Disagree, glad there is not just 'one way' how automatedly boring that would be. :o

Actually, you've made me think, why is planning such a big issue?

I think it is because planning has now become a task for two purposes;

1/ to justify and evidence what we know and what we do.

2/ a tool to work from.

If we keep in mind number 2, then planning should be easier, it should take whatever form suits/informs the users. :(

Now all I need for my planning is a 'to do list', (priority 'play'), there you go, sorted.

Now scarletangel, what will your fellow students do for the rest of Monday now the planning issue is resolved?

I know have a thoroughly good look at all the wonderful ideas, articles, resources, threads, posts, gallery and blogs within the forum and then all get together in chat. :wacko:

What time shall I book chat into my diary for next Monday then? xD

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)