Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Golden Wedding Anniversay

It's the in-laws 50th Wedding Anniversary in a couple of weeks and we have decided that we will put together a gift of 50 things that are golden. :o

We can think of the obvious things like, golden graham, gold blend tea, golden syrup.

I just thought I would ask for your ideas. It can be anything, doesn't have to be food. Also thinking of xmas dec and napkins etc.

We've done this before for others for ruby and silver ideas. But 50 things are taking some thinking about.

GO ON AMAZE ME!!!!!!!! xD

What a lovely idea :(

Well my first thought was a 'golden hand shake', could you make a plaster cast of you and hubby shaking hands, paint it gold, might look nice on a mantlepiece?? :oxD:(

Marigolds ? (no not the gloves, silly :( )

Peggy

All I can think of are a packet of Werther's Originals (are they in sparkly gold wrappers?) and some of those lovely golden penny toffees from the Quality Street tin. Mmm I think I need to break out the OH's secret chocolate stash!

There must be some wine that has 'golden' in the title!

I think this is a lovely idea - what a task though to actually manage it! I shall keep thinking!

Maz

PS There's a lot of 'gold' music too: from Metallica to Amy Winehouse via Andrew Gold and Sting: I'm sure there will be something to take their fancy! And there's always Spandau Ballet's 'Gold' which I am now singing in my head. :o

Golden crunch biscuits

gold painted fir cones

gold pot pourri

gold pens & pencils

gold cherub/angel figures - seen these in £ shop

gold photo frame

gold photo album

gold toiletries - shampoo (Johnsons baby?), conditioner, bubble bath

ooh, going off to think of more... I love doing presents like this. Did one last week for 30th birthday which went down well!

Nona

Gee thanks everyone. :(

With your help and my own ideas I have now made a list of 41 items xD - only 9 more to think of and then the worst part - trying to find them all!!!!!!!!!!! :o

I knew this would be the place to come to! :(

A golden christmas tree bauble. A lucky charm. Gold jewellery cleaner. Gold icing and gold cake decorations. Pictures of a Golden Eagle and Goldie Hawn. Golden Days Nursery Rhyme book. You could make a gold chain like a Mayoral chain using chocolate money or items wrapped in gold foil. Gold eye shadow.

Gee thanks everyone. :(

With your help and my own ideas I have now made a list of 41 items xD - only 9 more to think of and then the worst part - trying to find them all!!!!!!!!!!! :o

I knew this would be the place to come to! :(

Now the least you should do is give us a list of all 50 when you've finished. :(

My hubby, a true romantic, just suggested "Golden memories" as the last 'gold' item to be presented. This could be a DVD/video made from home movies/photo's or a photo album with photos covering the 5 decades (gold embossed cover).

Peggy

Drawing pins.................. :( Sorry, my brain doesn't function well on a Monday morning! :o

That's our Beau: sharp as a tack! However, I think the sooner you get a day job the better Beau! xD

Now the least you should do is give us a list of all 50 when you've finished. :(

Peggy

Ok peggy, hopefully this is the list.

Golden_wedding_gifts.doc

I have divided it up into three sections for us three daughter-in-laws to buy a bit each. xD

I'm on half term next week (20th) so shall have to go shopping whilst i'm away in Devon :o as we need it for 30th October.