Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

We've Got Frogs!

Steve

Hi -

For anyone who was following the recent conversation about tadpoles - boiled lettuce and spinach definitely worked for me!

I've got about a hundred in the process of converting at the moment; some have already hopped off. Here's a little picture of one of them for your pleasure! I'm a mother...

Regards, Steve.

onefrog.jpg

Hmmmm lounge/golden time/ we've got frogs??? I'm new to this forum and admit to being a little confused. I thought golden time would be about behaviour as in we have golden time on Fridays to reward children for good behaviour all week? But if this is adult golden time I'm all for it :o

Does this mean we're allowed to relay anecdotes? I have some super kids sayings from 20+ yrs in Early yrs!!!

Bring them on Lyndi! Golden Time is my way of inviting people to talk about whatever they want. And it is a reward for good behaviour. You behave well most of the time don't you? So reward yourself :D

Welcome to the forum - and thanks for being the first (apart from me) to join in in the lounge!

Talking about children's sayings, we had a little girl in snack time recently who wouldn't answer anything I said. Normally the most talkative of children she just kept staring at me and chewing away. Eventually she swallowed, took a deep breath and said:

"My mum says I mustn't talk when I'm eating. She says it makes me look like a cement mixer!"

Well I'm taking a break from writing reports....... last year my little star(we all have at least one!) was concentrating particularly hard in numeracy (Reception class). When he put his hand up I was thrilled and expected pearls of wisdom about number 7 to fall from his mouth! He looked very carefully, again, at his wrist, (he had been doing this a lot) and we all waited to find out just what he had to say.

"Hey look everybody" he shouted excitedly, "I've got wires in me!!"

What deep philosophical thoughts he must have been having, whilst I thought my numeracy teaching was going well. Hehehe :o

Well I'm taking a break from writing reports....... last year my little star(we all have at least one!) was concentrating particularly hard in numeracy (Reception class). When he put his hand up I was thrilled and expected pearls of wisdom about number 7 to fall from his mouth! He looked very carefully, again, at his wrist, (he had been doing this a lot) and we all waited to find out just what he had to say.

"Hey look everybody" he shouted excitedly, "I've got wires in me!!"

What deep philosophical thoughts he must have been having, whilst I thought my numeracy teaching was going well. Hehehe :o

Does anyone visit the chat room these days?Popped in on a number of occasions and no one around.Enjoying life these days doing supply,its great to have no paperwork and play with the children like we all should be doing! xD:)

Hi Oldtimer -

Nice to hear from you!

We get a few conversations going in the chatroom but it's a bit quiet recently. Lots of people with lots of reports to write at this time of year (unless you're supply of course...).

Come on then - tell us a funny thing one of your children have said :D

Not so much a funny thing but something that warmed the cockles of my heart!!! :D

One of our youngest girls was in the toilets with a member of staff just before the half term break. She turned to the adult and said "It's just like a party coming here. You get to dress up in princess clothes and everything!". That's when it really brought home to me that at three years of age the most important thing is to be enjoying yourself! And we must be doing it right!!!! :D:D:D:D

Linda

Hi Oldtimer -

Nice to hear from you!

We get a few conversations going in the chatroom but it's a bit quiet recently. Lots of people with lots of reports to write at this time of year (unless you're supply of course...).

Come on then - tell us a funny thing one of your children have said :D

:o Well first day at a preschool one of the little darlings called me nanny!!I did not think I looked that old!

But cannot believe all the jobs I have been offered,thought I would be sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring!Its great to use my experience,enjoy the children come home with no thought of what paperwork I should be doing!!!!!There is a great need for supply work and you can work when you want to.

Still keeping up to date with courses observations and assements to-day,have no desire to use it!

So in a nut shell anyone out there whos had enough of all the paperwork yet with a good few years in them,supply is the answer!

Will continue to pop in for a chat,maybe one day I will be lucky!

Whilst walking past a high hedge, behind which children from the local special school were playing, my daughter (4 years old) asked what was behind there.

I answered that they were children playing who went to a special school, a school like the one that mummy teaches in where the children have special needs.

' Mummy, have you got special needs?'

What more could I say?

Sorry, another anecdote from a while back....talking about special needs. This time small child (2/3 years old at this point) asks 'Have I got special knees?' !!!

Kate

Quote- 'Does anyone visit the chat room these days?Popped in on a number of occasions and no one around.' (as you can see I haven't worked out how to do quote thingys yet :o )

Hi Steve,

Is there anyway that we can see who is in the chat room whilst we are browsing the forums? Perhaps there could be a little pop up box to tell you when someone has entered the chat room. Then it wouldn't be so hit and miss and before long we'll be partying in there. xD

I've just been in for a peep, but I think everyone is either writing reports, watching Big Brother or gone to bed already. :(

Hi all !

Jen

hi Jen -

I'll work on it. I know exactly what you mean, but there's no immediate way I can show how many people are in the chat room from the rest of the forum. What I normally do when I remember, is open up the chat room window, then leave it minimised and browse the rest of the forum in another window. That way, if anyone logs into the chatroom you get to hear a little 'Welcome' message.

I get to see how many people log into the chatroom from logs, and there are quite a number of people trying it out. The problem is if 5 people do it in a day for 30 seconds, the chances of any of them doing it at the same time are, um, small...

At the moment, also, people are only popping in and out briefly - I think something called the Foundation Stage Profile seems to be taking up a lot of time and energy... :o

Hope you're well - we got your email, thanks!

Steve.

Hi there everybody,

Thank God to see the end of reports etc Its 40 degrees here and time for holidays !!!!

About the chatroom -Steve ,you had mentioned certain times /days -maybe that would help people to coincide? If there are concrete days etc could you post the info somewhere? Im rambling it must be the heat :o

Have a great summer everyone. xD

Hi Johnboy -

Well done yerself! I thought you'd been quiet recently :o

We can't claim to be at 40 degrees - this isn't Spain...

but we're having a bit of a heatwave as well, and we don't start our summer break as early as you!

OK -

If anyone else reads this between now and tomorrow. How about 9pm Wednesday 25th in the chat room? Helen and I will be there between 9 and 9.30pm (longer if there's conversation with others - we don't need to chat online as we're physically contiguous, so to speak), and if anyone wants to join us they're welcome :D

Regards, Steve.