Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

2 Computers?

we are inputting results on our laptops this year rathre than he office computer. We are 2 classes - can you have the eprofile on 2 computers for 1 school?

When the computers are in school are they part of the whole school network?

Are you planning on inputting the data when in school?

Last year in nursery we were asked to use the nursery profile on computer (it makes nice graphs for Ofsted!) but we couldn't use our lap tops to do the work at home and in school only one of us could be doing this work at a time, and it had to be on the class computer!!

I think you need to check with your ICT person.

Sorry not to have been any help

yes, when we were two form entry both class teachers did they eprofiles on their own laptops and then we merged them onto SIMS at school before sending them to the LA as one set of data.

ems

There is a new version of the eprofile and as we are on a network at school it has apparently caused some issues with computers not speaking to each other and co ordinationg with SIMS. Our SIMS manager spends alot of time running about fretting about it. We are now getting a stand alone laptop just for importing profiles onto which will solve the problem!?

Sharon

I have just had a very quick look at the new software and it looks very similar to what has gone before in the way it works. That means you can use it on more than one computer.

The point at which you need to be very careful is when you merge the data at the end of the year. Make sure data for individual classes is complete and that no pupils are duplicated within the class data. If there are duplicates then the second set of data read in will overwrite any data for the pupil that is already in the master copy.

Remember this software is completely separate from SIMS and CMIS and it isn't possible to read/write data directly to/from these management packages.

Regards

John R

I discussed this with the guy who wrote the eyeprofile software on friday and he said if we are lucky enough to get another laptop then go for it! I have to agree as it will make it easier for us especially for part of our reception team who are job sharing.

OUR network certainly seems to throw up difficulties even if it isn't meant to!

Sharon

I have just had a very quick look at the new software and it looks very similar to what has gone before in the way it works. That means you can use it on more than one computer.

The point at which you need to be very careful is when you merge the data at the end of the year. Make sure data for individual classes is complete and that no pupils are duplicated within the class data. If there are duplicates then the second set of data read in will overwrite any data for the pupil that is already in the master copy.

Remember this software is completely separate from SIMS and CMIS and it isn't possible to read/write data directly to/from these management packages.

Regards

John R

Hi john,

i am not very technical at all so please exucse me!! do we need to have sims on our laptops or can we merge the 2 sets of data and then put it onto the schools office with sims and send it to the LA?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)