Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Is An Offered Curriculum?

Hi,

I joined a few months and the first post that I've written so here goes...

I have just heard this term 'offered curriculum' used recently and I am becoming slightly worried that I don't know what it means. I think that it is simply the activities that I might set out in my reception class and the purpose of it. Could someone advise me if this is correct? If not, what is it? Thanks

You're quite right, nutmeg: the offered curriculum is everything you plan for your children. The 'received curriculum' is everything the children do/learn/are exposed to - including all the things children learn or do that you hadn't planned for!

Maz

Thanks Maz! :o

Pleasure!

Now you've made your first post, why not tell us something about yourself and your work?

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

Hello from me too Nutmeg. May all your questions be so easily answered! Now you've started posting you'll realise its totally addictive!

Ahhh, thanks!

Well, I'm a reception teacher working in outer London. I absolutely love working with children but I'm not so great at the paperwork and organisational side of things xD

This causes me a lot of worry but this year I'm trying to be more organised and ahead of myself - don't we all that every year?!

I have been working with children since I left school and became a nursery nurse because I thought I couldn't become a teacher. Then I decided to go for it, studied for 4 fours and have now been teaching for two! Oh and I love anything sweet and bad for my waistline!! I think that's about it :o

I have been working with children since I left school and became a nursery nurse because I thought I couldn't become a teacher. Then I decided to go for it, studied for 4 fours and have now been teaching for two!

What an inspiration: just goes to show what you can achieve when you set your mind to it! :o

Hi welcome to the forum,

you will find you cant go a day without logging onto here, find out whats new and what everyone is upto. Its great fun and everyone is here to help each other. 0258 x x :o

Hi Nutmeg

The best thing I did recently( as a fairly new user) was make FSF my home page so I can have a quick look each time I log on. The forums are so busy with postings from people giving fantastic ideas, information and advice I am frightened of missing something!!

Julie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)