Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Words And Weeks

Hi all

does anyone have a copy of the high frequency and the weeks in which they should be introduced according to the letters and sounds document?

Many thanks

Lola

The focus is more on common words which can be decoded using phonics as they are taught through the phases and then "tricky" words i.e. those that don't behave according to the rules. It's all clearly laid out in the first part of each phase in the L+S book, starting with phase 2 as phase 1 is obviously less specific. If you haven't got the booklet (which from the original query is what I infer) I would strongly recommend you get it as you have a lot of other support materials linked to the tricky words, the letter groups for introduction, the teaching sequence etc etc.

Cx

Edited by catma

catma is right I have been involved in a CLLD project with our LA and the whole focus is on Phase 2 and 3 of letters and sounds and actyually getting the children to blend and segment. The games and songs are fantastic and our children have made so much progress. we do not even mention high frequency words anymore.

Emilia - glad to hear that it is working well for you. We are a CLLD authority too so it's close to my heart!!

Cx

We have just become a CLLD authority. I am a Governor at my sons school and we have just started (initial cluster meeting last week).

My preschool has also joined up as a feeder to the school so we will all benefit!! It is very exciting.

Letters and Sounds suggests teaching tricky words in each phase

phase 2 I the no go to into (read only)

phase 3 he she we me be was my you they all are her (read only + write phase 2 words)

phase 4 some one said come do so were when there have out like little what (read only + write phase 3 words)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)