Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Level 4 - How Do I Go About Doing This?

Hiya.

I currently have my level 3 early years qualification, but really really want to go on to do my level 4 as soon as!! I am currently working at a private day care nursery which is attached to a private school and was wondering what my options would be to do my level 4 qualification and how I can go about doing it??

Kirsty

x

Hi there, and welcome, because I don't think I have, yet!

You'll find lots of folk doing this on here through the Open University, which is really accessible! Just Google !!

The first units of the Foundation Degree in Early Years constitute a Level 4, and then you're in a position to move on as well.

Sue

i completed my level 4 with the ou as Sue said the two course E123 & E124 make up the certificate in early years practice which is recognised as level 4 i have gone on to complete my BA (results due December) with the ou and found them very good depends what you need from a training provider does not work for all. . The OU do offer some very good funding support their website is www.open.ac.uk

I have just completed my level 4 Certificate in Early Years Practice (this has recently once again been approved as a recognised qualification according to the OU website), by completing E123/124 with the OU which can lead to the Foundation Degree if you wish. I can thoroughly recommend it.

Kirsty as I understand it, E123/124 will no longer be separate courses (some people have taken them separately others have done them together but this presentation will be the last time they are offered separately so I was told yesterday). So they will be combined, don't know what they will be called. The Foundation Degree in Early Yeas has a code of G01 with the OU. The new course will I presume be part of that so suggest you type that in and see what happens. Hope that helps. Be interested to know if I'm right!

thanks for replyin narnia, wat course title/number is that on the ou website?

thanks - yes I think you're right. typed in that code and it comes up with the foundation degree but when you scroll down to select the options the E123/E124 shows no future dates to register, so now I am confused as what course I need to do? sorry to be a pain!!

Kirsty as I understand it, E123/124 will no longer be separate courses (some people have taken them separately others have done them together but this presentation will be the last time they are offered separately so I was told yesterday). So they will be combined, don't know what they will be called. The Foundation Degree in Early Yeas has a code of G01 with the OU. The new course will I presume be part of that so suggest you type that in and see what happens. Hope that helps. Be interested to know if I'm right!

thanks - yes I think you're right. typed in that code and it comes up with the foundation degree but when you scroll down to select the options the E123/E124 shows no future dates to register, so now I am confused as what course I need to do? sorry to be a pain!!

I started my foundation degree 2 weeks ago.

The first year is suppsoed to be equivalent to level 4 and then the second year equivalent to level 5.

Some colleges run the courses one afternoon/ evening a week.

I am lucky to be getting funding and doing mine one day a week.

If the OU route doesn't turn up anything try these routes!

The Open University say that E123 & E124 will be presented for the last time in October 2008 and will be replaced by a new 60-point course E100 Supporting children in the early years in October 2009.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)