Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Whats This Then?

Hi all

Well just had email from our chair who says that once she has sorted some staff and finance issues out then she is going to start planning for an internal OFSTED xD

Anybody else had this then? I am presuming she is going to be doing this herself :o I have yet to tell the supervisor this one :(

Can she do this? How can she when she has no childcare qualifications etc?

We were in special measures after OFSTED this time last year, got new supervisor and seen many staff changes so much so that the OFSTED visit in April meant the new supervisor had agency staff in as deputy (arrived on the same day as OFSTED!), one staff and 2 parent helps. New supervisor dealt with it brilliantly and we got satisfactory. Since then we have dealt with all the issues raised from this report.

Not sure what to make of this internal OFSTED? What do you think?

Thanks

Marley what can I say I have never heard of such a thing! It will be interesting to hear where her ideas come from, I know that as Chair they are in effect your employer but you should all be working together to make the pre=school a success.

What does your supervisor think?

Bit cheeky!!!

Must tell our chairman.....he's always cracking the whip! :o Actually he's great and has recently done a short OU course.....an introduction to childcare etc. Our manager's been in the business for over 20 years and he probably wouldn't dare to suggest such a thing. An internal OFSTED indeed!!! xD

Hi all

Glad its not just me then that thinks as you do!

As for supervisor have forward the chairs email (supervisor not told them her new address yet as otherwise she gets constantly hassled by it all!) as forgot to mention it this morning...did improptu fire drill, taking photos for front cover of learning journals etc etc so forgot to tell her! Im sure her response will be as mine.

As if we havent got enough to do? Just got the sef to start doing (will be checking out posts about this later!), staff appraisals etc etc

You have to laugh really!

Will let you know if i hear more.

Wouldn't it be more appropriate and positive if s/he was involved in completing the SEF, working in partnership with you, listening to how you evaluate yourselves and having some input at this point?

What qualifications do you need to be an Ofsted inspector.....let's not go there..... :o

Cooh, Dublinbay, never had you down as the master of understatement! 'bit cheeky'??????? :oxD

I'm completely gobsmacked and would challenge this as totally out of order as soon as possible!!!!

Actually as I started reading your post I thought maybe the chair might be talking about the SEF (but hadn't communicated it very well :o ).

Great idea from Deb, involve the committee in the SEF. xD

Peggy

I was thinking along Peggy's thoughts..... about the 'sef'

The other question I'd ask is what is the chairmans background? in some workplaces (not childcare) 'mock inspections' are quite common, perhaps the way it was stated in the email has not come accross well.......

Think I would want to know a few more details before getting too worried - he could simply mean a practice/roleplay type thing for his benefit as much as yours.

When I worked in a workplace setting within a non childcare company - this kind of thing was quite the norm -so that the personel department fully understood the seperate kind of issues we had from the rest of the company.

xxxx

We're in the process of going through the SEF in pairs then we will get together as a group to discuss. This will include the Chairperson who has been very helpful in encouraging us to get it done and in discussing how best to complete it ie not using too many words, suggesting somebody is paid to input the information online. I know, I know we have a lovely committee at the moment!

Cooh, Dublinbay, never had you down as the master of understatement! 'bit cheeky'??????? :oxD

I'm completely gobsmacked and would challenge this as totally out of order as soon as possible!!!!

My apologies LJW......couldn't find my dictionary at the time!! :(:( How about fantasmagorically cheeky or ginormously or stupendously cheeky!!! :( :wacko:

You get the picture!! xD