Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Daily Risk Assessment

Has anyone got a daily risk assessment set out as a tick list that they could show me - I have to do one and apart from the obvious - sockets being covered, fire exits clear etc I'm a bit stumped.

I'd be very grateful for any helpx

am rubbish at downloading copies but cover everything, carpets,doors,lights,radiators,sinks,toilets ,outdoor area(animal poo etc,fridge temp(3 times a day) equipment, te list is endless but if you walk around your setting and look at all possible hazards you should be ok.

Alternatively could you not speak to your early years development officer as ours gave us a basic template to work on.

hope this helps.

To save paper, I created a list of all the possible hazards which we needed to check for on a daily basis and laminated that, sticking it up on the wall. I then made a ticklist which broke the week down into each day and each day into the three main areas of our setting. A member of staff then initials next to the area for the day as it has been checked. We have space in each initialling area to note any significant issues we have had to fix and what the weather is like for the outdoor area. By doing this I hope we show it hasn't just been a paper exercise. We can also use our notes to take complaints to our building manager (shared building), or track if certain weather conditions cause more accidents, etc.

I would upload it but it is really only relevant to our setting and without knowing our place it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to you. But hopefully my explanation has helped a little.

We had a tick list but found it became a paper exercise as the checks were done regularly.. it really became a daily chore we felt not needed.. but we have a list of what we check daily and this is in a book, which is signed daily by the member of staff who does the checks, with a comments area so these can be added and if needed we can adapt the list. Ours is specific to us but may be of help...

Inge

healthandsafetychecklist.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)