Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child's Profile?

Hi I'm a little bit confussed. We currently have a childs learning journeo where we put photo's , observations examples of work ect. Is this the same as a profile??. Do we need a separate one with assessments, observations in?? Two seems a little excessive, can everything go into one folder??

Please advise

Thanks

:o

Hi, its all a bit confusing and everyone seems to be doing different. We have learning journeys for each child with photos and obs for each area of learning. Then we have a separate file for language observations. Different folder for all the weekly planning and focused activities. We are in the process of compiling some sort of profile which we can highlight for each child as i said i needed something to highlight so i know just where each child is at in the new months rather than SS1 SS2 etc. Hope this helps. 0258 :o

I used to have the childs achevement folder (learning journey) which had a mini tracking sheet on the first page, completed as evidence grew within the folder. Some of this evidence was evaluation notes taken from focused obs, rather than including the whole observation (which were placed in the childs profile records). Each child had their 'profile' information, confidential things such as; registration forms, absence letters, other agency communication ie: sp therapy, accident reports, and focused observations. These were in an A4 plastic sleeve with a cover index page, all childrens profile sleeves were stored alphabetically in a very large file.

I suppose part of the problem is about terminology.

Peggy

we have learning journeys for every child but I have a separate folder for focused and ongoing observation notes - especially post it notes!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)