Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transition Booklets

I'm wondering if anyone can help. I want to make a booklet for a child who's had settling issues all the time he's been with us - almost 2 years now. He's moving to another area. I have some images of the new setting & want to include some from ours. There will be one copy kept here & he will take one with him. Unfortunately the only format I can find refers to preschool>school transitions and it's not quite what I'm looking for. I wondered if anyone has already done this kind of thing & has an example they are willing to share?

• 1 month later...
I'm wondering if anyone can help. I want to make a booklet for a child who's had settling issues all the time he's been with us - almost 2 years now. He's moving to another area. I have some images of the new setting & want to include some from ours. There will be one copy kept here & he will take one with him. Unfortunately the only format I can find refers to preschool>school transitions and it's not quite what I'm looking for. I wondered if anyone has already done this kind of thing & has an example they are willing to share?

What is the aim of the booklet, Weightman? That might help you come up with a format that's right for you...

We have used a 'passport' in the past to show all the important information about a particular child which travelled everywhere with the child so that the adults working with her knew what to look for and how to manage her 'issues'.

Mind you, I didn't design the document but it was just a photograph on each A4 page with some explanatory text underneath.

Maz

Hi,

He moved about a month ago. The purpose was to help him settle in his new place. So it was for him more than for the adults. In the end we laminated a series of photos of our place, including him with individual staff members & special friends [with permission] - his peg, the kitchen even the toilets! So if he wants to talk about us staff in the new place will get a feeling of our environment. We also took some photos from the new setting's website to help him prepare for the move. we laminated the whole book so that he could take it with him. His parents loved it - I hope it was useful!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)