Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Some News.................

narnia

Hi Narnia

I am sorry that you have hit a wall but also really pleased that you have shared your latest feelings with us and remember we are all here .

I believe that with any illness how we deal with it 'mentally' relates to how soon we get well and your amazingly positive attitude to 'this card life has dealt you' will, along with the expert medical people, your family and all your thousands of friends on here help you along your journey.

As for your beloved Marrillion weekend it's ages a way yet and I believe that if you want to be there (no doubt about that me thinks xD ) then you will be. It isn't as though you were suggesting going to outer Mongolia or going on a 96 hour flight or something :o It's Holland and no real distance and with your determination you will be there :(

AS you say your current blue patch had to happen but it WILL PASS (give the ring a little rub to remind you of this :( )

Perhaps this journey is a bit like an obstacle course but we are all here to help -you hold hands -hang on in there and you will climb this wall it's 'just' one of the obstacles to overcome en route to HOLLAND in march :( :wacko:

Before you know it you will be on here saying what a brilliant weekend you had and 'do you remember back in October they said no way i would be here' how wrong were they!!!!! xD :rolleyes:

It is ok to feel down and absolutely ok to express it. Being light and bright and breezy is also a defense mechanism as much as denial. Recognise the reality of the battle ahead and then go head up into it. You will cope as so many other amazing people do. You will meet some truly extraordinary people on your way and you will emerge the other end a stronger and more aware person.

ps I do speak from experience

A Simple Hug

by Johnny Ray Ryder Jr

There’s something in a simple hug

That always warms the heart;

It welcomes us back home

And makes it easier to part

A hug’s a way to share the joy

And sad times we go through,

Or just a way for friends to say

They like you ’cause you’re you

Hugs are meant for anyone

For whom we really care,

From your grandma to your neighbor,

Or a cuddly teddy bear

A hug is an amazing thing -

It’s just the perfect way

To show the love we’re feeling

But can’t find the words to say

It’s funny how a little hug

Makes everyone feel good;

In every place and type,

It’s always understood

And hugs don’t need new equipment,

Special batteries or parts

Just open up your arms

And open up your hearts

Peggy

post-3604-1223806620_thumb.jpg

My mother-in-law had many years of treatment for breast cancer and although she initially thought she would have to forego many events, circumstances nearly always made it possible for her to attend. On some occasions this was due to a bad reaction to some treatment which meant she had to have a break from it for a few weeks. Although this initially seemed like bad news for her, the subsequent break meant she was able to do the things she thought she would have to miss. I would say wait and see nearer the time, and take it as a lovely bonus if you get to go.

Hi there Narnia - and my sister was told she'd be unable to do a walk in aid of Breast Cancer . . yes, she did it in under two hours!

My hubby has been pretty tired during his chemo and we thought that some things wouldn't be possible but there are ways around them...

just a thought here and blast it away if it's no good. . . . .If you want to go to a weekend concert/meeting and it may be difficult for you to feel up to it, why not hire a camper van (either over here or over there)? You can have a nap when you want, sit inside with the windows open and listen from there and even entertain a couple of friends. It's just a thought and a way to bring your much needed comfort to the venue. You may even be able to wangle some disabled parking so you don't have too far to walk? Plus you'll have a safe place to keep your medicines.

Please do take each day as it comes, relax as much as you can and as I said before expect to be up and down a little at the oddest times,

many hugs and best wishes, Cirhossa1 x :o

wasn't sure were to put this post

was going to put it under -When was the last time you had a laugh and nearly wet yourself?

........ but it made me think of you Narnia -

Today. with my mum who six weeks after her surgery has now recieved her 'replacements' I bought her some new pretty bras - and together we experimented for want of a better word. We both laughed so much - she almost fell over saying she'd foggoton how heavy they (her originals) were.

In the end - once sorted, she said she at last she felt human again and we were able to go out to lunch with her wearing a tightish tea-shirt, something she never felt she would have the confidance to do again.

I thinks it's the first time I've seen my mum really laugh and be relaxed since that day we were told.

Things hit us all in different ways - and I'd certainly go ahead and book your trip - so what if you get up on the morning of the concert and you don't feel up to it - then don't go.....(and I don't think this will happen!!!!)....... But it's up to you to have the option - and not someone else.

xxx

Can't really offer any advice, just want to echo everyone else, only you know how you really feel and there will be other opportunities for you when you are on the mend. Love to you :oxD:( :(

Oh bless! how little "your" nurse knows you and how much she has to learn! :o

Don't be down, be determined! - there are some fab ideas here on how to get to Holland and Marillion in March.

It's fine to have down days and great that you can share them here - and as for "no way on EARTH" I'm sure it's a Higher Power (for want of a better description!) that will see you through!

Nona

Today. with my mum who six weeks after her surgery has now recieved her 'replacements' I bought her some new pretty bras - and together we experimented for want of a better word. We both laughed so much - she almost fell over saying she'd foggoton how heavy they (her originals) were.

My mother in law was diagnosed with breast cancer when our eldest daughter arrived. She was in hospital having the second breast removed when our second daughter arrived.There was great joy on the ward when we took our daughter to meet her grandmother for the first time.She rarely wears her 'spares' and the girls loved to raid her wardrobe and play with grandmas boobies.

My mother in law shed lots of tears (frequently) about the future of her grandchildren that she would not see. xD She always bought presents way beyond their development stage and seemed to want to rush their childhoods so she could experience it. It spoilt a lot of things , family events and made me so cross. I think what I'm trying to say is don't let concerns/worries about the future or future plans that may have to change spoil your joy of living and loving today. Today is the day that counts, live each minute with love and family. I'm sure a cool person like yourself would not worry about how to get to Holland next March until about a fortnight before!!

Today my eldest was 15 and grandma rang at 8am as usual to sing happy birthday down the phone to my breary eyed embrassed daughter :o

:oxD:( woke up in a better place today, and your messages are really inspirational, so thankyou! and do you know??Marillion have a song which says 'live for today, each day's an open door'.............how apt, and how lovely that granny is able to sing happy birthday, 15 years later!! this granny is going to be doing the same! :(:( thankyou xx

:oxD:( woke up in a better place today, and your messages are really inspirational, so thankyou! and do you know??Marillion have a song which says 'live for today, each day's an open door'.............how apt, and how lovely that granny is able to sing happy birthday, 15 years later!! this granny is going to be doing the same! :( :wacko: thankyou xx

Good for you Narnia! Many, many hugs and much love to you. :(

Hi Narnia,

So good to see how positive you're keeping. I just knew the boys would be in touch, that's what's so fantastic about our great big family! Lucy too xD

Don't forget, I'll be around from 14th Novemeber doing my own recuperating, so we can chat if you feel like it. I still can't see anyway I can make the gig on the 18th, so you enjoy them for both of us. If they play MY song ('Tumble', remember?) I will be distraught :o at having missed it. Hey ho,

Take good care of you and be sure I'll be thinking about you non-stop

Sue xxxx

PS congratulations on Imogen x

Enjoy the care and pampering - it'll make those around you feel they're helping (and keep them out from under your feet while you're in here :o)

I've convinced my hubby and our daughter that this forum is "homework" for my FD xD

Nona

My son's has - about to have a listen! One thing (Amongst much) he said "It's so precious and fragile.."

Always a bit poetic, that lad! I've found our names!!! Looking for you :o

Sue xxx

PS - Sorry all!

Marillion's new album!! Fantastic!

ahhhhh got you - poor M dosnt like mising out on things hey M????????? :(

that was definitely below the belt! I thought you were my friend. xD

I shall have to buy the album I think - I could do with another obsession! :(

How big is their back catalogue, narnia? :o

I've checked for you, M - the actual back catalogue is bigger, but this latest album is studio album 15 - several doubles in there, too!

Narnia - mine came this morning oooooooooh. Like Christmas! Hope you don't have to wait too long. Only downside is to know I'm going to have to miss them! :o Do you think if I asked nicely they'd come and play my front room?

Sue x