Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Some News.................

narnia

Perhaps behind the scenes you are having the weepy moments when it all seems a bit much to take in and maybe it is worth saying here that you don't have to be bright and breezy on here all the time, if you are having a rough day or moment it may help to post and say today is really **********! I hope you understand what I am trying to say here though I feel I am making a hash of it!!!! :o

Great minds think alike Geraldine. :(

Narnia, I have read all the posts in this thread and really felt the same as Geraldine, that yes, you are inspirational and positive, but well, you dont have to be all the time. If you feel like ranting or being less upbeat, we'll listen to that too.

And congratulations on the new arrival. What a pretty name xD

ok, I went to have all my lovely long hair cut off yesterday, so if/when i lose it during chemotherapy, it's on MY terms, not it's. I did shed a small tear as it was being cut, and lovely hairdresser asked if i wanted to keep it, but really, what would have been the point? I have gone from half-way down my back, to just above my shoulders, so quite a difference.Anyway, I bumped into a parent on the way back to the car, and he did a double take before exclaiming.....'god!! you've had your hair cut...........it looks FABULOUS!!!'.now, he might have just been being kind, but it did make me feel better.Hubby said he likes it too and everyone else has been very complimentary,even if it's just to boost my spirits.Seeing the PS on Tuesday so i hope to know a bit more then. And trust me, if and when i need to rant, you'll hear it, wherever you are in the country xD:o:(

Good to see you're maintaining control, narnia: and what a great reaction to your new hair do! I'd say the parent's reaction was genuine: its very hard to lie on the spot like that! So I'm sure the others' reactions are genuine too!

As for the rant, our ears (and hearts) are always open!

Maz

Narnia - I like your signature quote. How very apt!

I'm sure the children will let you know if the new style suits you tomorrow - they DO tend to tell it how it is!!

Most importantly, I hope the new style sits well with the baseball cap :o

Nona

Narnia, I'm going to have to get the lyrics for it.

It sums up perfectly an experience I shared with friends on Friday night!

I'm a reflexologist and reiki healer and use Angel Cards. Had friends round for wine, chat & card readings and introduced a neighbour they'd not met before.

She "knew" or "saw" things about each of them and described my friend's late father to her, said he was standing behind her waiting for her to lean into him for a hug (she's going through a very tough divorce) Although she was tearful she could feel a hug, and afterwards him holding her hand!

It was incredible to be part of, neither of them had ever experienced anything like it before and no, if I hadn't been there, I wouldn't have believed it either :o

Nona

It is so weird how your life is affecting me Narnia, I was in town yesterday, saw some lovely headscarves and was thinking "I wonder if Narnia would like them" :oxD

I don't know you - but I feel I know you - this virtual friendship is such an infectious concept.

We are all soooo with you throughout this. :(:(

not one comment from the children!! not one....................! several parents told me how nice it looks, so i shall accept that it looks ok at least.Have a big day ahead of me tomorrow, hubby will be there to hold my hand,and i guess now is the time it starts to get serious.BUT something nice happened.......hubby entered a competition to go watch our favourite band on Thursday as they record a programme for Sky channel 180 red tv, and he has WON 2 tix, so he asked if i'd like to go.....................i'm thinking about it! :o

Will update on how things went tomorrow.............fingers crossed.

I don't think we'll be filmed.............which is probably a blessing in itself!!

I have a dte for my op.......................28th November, which is the day before my late fathers birthday, and i am going to the ward in which my mum died............apart from that, all is well.The delay apparantly, should not cause any problems as they now believe i have had this cancer for some time, and because i want this particular surgeon and am prepared to wait for him, he has a fantastic reputation and someone i had a very long conversation with credits him with saving her form having a mastectomy, due to his great skills, so he's the man for me! Not pinning my hopes on anything, but in my heart i feel he will give me the best chance, so a few more days wait might be worth it.Seeing him again in two weeks, when he will hopefully give me a better idea of whats happening.

Narnia,

One more step along the way, well done you for holding out for what you believe is best for you! I honestly believe that feeling "in control" will help you.

The date & ward are not ideal but what would be? How do you choose a "good" time & place for this sort of treatment?

Keep smiling, we're all with you.

Nona

Narnia the 28th November has a nice feel to it, very rounded.

It does indeed, Deb: it is Mrs Weasley's 18th birthday! Although obviously I'm not really old enough to have an 18 year old daughter! :o

We'll be thinking of you narnia - and will raise a glass of something to your journey back to health. Keep your chin up!

Maz

It does indeed, Deb: it is Mrs Weasley's 18th birthday! Although obviously I'm not really old enough to have an 18 year old daughter! :o

Bit like I'm not old enough to have a 18 year old son, or a 20 year old come to that.....

Narnia, I've read through all the posts, with a lump in my throat, watery eyes a tension in my heart and at times a smile on my face.

I had a cancer of the womb scare last year, thankfully just a scare. The quick succession (spl?) of appointments for tests, one after another, provoked a 'manic' feel to the situation, which became in itself a 'shock' factor. In fact I can't believe it was a year ago, the 'chaos' between the initial concern and the speed to then getting the results, still makes it feel like it just happened a few months ago, and not a year.

I suppose what I am trying to say is that I can empathise (to a degree) the feeling of loss of control, things happening too fast, shock, sense of not maintaining normality.

Ironically my first thoughts when I was told were 'will they get the op done quickly so that I could be well enough to 'get back to work' by September'. It was only as I drove home from the hospital that I thought, hang on a minute, my health and family should of been my first thoughts, not 'will I let the preschool/parents/children down. :(

The experience, although a better prognosis than what you are experiencing, has changed my priorities considerably, Health and family are number one ( and I still feel selfish by stating that).

Take good care of yourself and let others take care of you too. Preschool and family will survive without you for a while, whilst you, for once, take priority and take the time to recover. They will manage this successfully because they will want to do this for you, it is the least, and the most they can do, as at the moment they will all be feeling somewhat 'helpless'.

I didn't realise how upset my husband was at the possibility of me having cancer, his tears of relief were how I realised that he was so scared. My thoughts are with you and with your husband and children.

Have some really selfish, feel sorry for yourself, indulge yourself, treat yourself, pamper yourself times because guess what, by the new year you will be back doing what you were doing before Tuesday 23rd September. xD (but with shorter hair :o

Peggy

Oh, Peggy, you've carried that for a long time & it still hurts! I hope sharing it helps a little.

Narnia is being so brave and I think that's striking a chord with you.

I'm so amazed and impressed by the support, both emotional & practical, that is offered on here - aren't "virtual" friends a blessing!

Nona

Hi there Narnia,

I'm really thinking of you and can't send you enough happy vibes and positive thoughts.

The whole way your body may react can be very diverse, but just for the giggle, I'll tell you about my sister and hubby . . .

After my sisters mastectomy last year I went to see her - I knew her hair was growing back and yet hadn't expected to meet her with purple hair - wow! She looked great and my niece had joined in and dyed hers pink!

My hubby had prepared for his hair loss and had it cut extremely short (bearing in mind he's an ageing hippy and usually has curls on his collar). He didn't lose much of his hair on his head . . . however, he won't need to shave his legs/underarms for some time (and I won't mention anywhere else :(:o )!

Please do keep us informed and set your sights on that Marillion concert - we're off to see the Stranglers later on this year . . I know they're going grey, but well, that doesn't stop me stomping my feet!

:(:(xD x x

well, it had to happen i guess, and today is a bit of a blue patch for me!Partly due to 'my' nurse telling me there is NO earthly chance of me going to Holland in March for the Marillion convention weekend that I have booked up for (oh, how little she knows me!!), but i seem to have hit a wall..........not really sure why, but I guess maybe it's all beginning to dawn on me that this isn't a good situation???

Oh Narnia if you WANT to go to Holland im sure you WILL get to Holland, you are bound to have your blue times and you are allowed :o i cant believe how positive you are being or how anyone copes with that sort of news - you are much braver than me - and i really admire you take good care of yourself lots of hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have just read the whole 10 pages and my thoughts are with you - you need to stay positive - think about the concert and AIM to go!! You really don't need someone telling you what you can and can't do in the future at the moment.

My Dad has had so many ops that he looks like one of those bears with all the zips you can get on cards. He has bounced back smiling every time - your comments on this site indicate that you have an inner strength of character and a wonderful sense of humor, these will see you through.

thinking of you

Teri x

Perhaps it was inevitable that you should have a bit of a dip, narnia - you have been so positive and upbeat but that takes energy. Somehow the drop into a blue patch can seem so much more dramatic after a period of taking charge, and being busy and determined that this thing won't beat you. This is probably just a temporary relapse, but it is only natural that you will have days when the enormity of what you face hits you and you will find it hard to be as positive as you have been up until now.

But what does your ring say? This will pass, and tomorrow is another day. Listen to your body, and let it guide you on your journey: some days you'll feel as if you can rule the world and on others you'd like to pull the duvet over your head and go back to sleep. You can't be relentlessly chirpy about things all the time, and nor should anyone expect you to be. I'm sure those who love you (and we on here who have shown so much love and support) will do everything possible to help you through the darker times. Brighter days will come.

Much love

Maz x

As you say, inevitable you should feel the weight now and again, its amazing how you have coped so far and you will feel strong again. Perhaps you have to feel it, to face it, and see that this patch will pass.

It sounds like you have lots of love and support around you, let your trusted/closest friends/family in to your feelings, let them help you.

I hope that we, your virtual friends, can lend a loving hand to help pull you through this patch too.

Looks like it's going to be another lovely sunny day here, maybe a walk to get some fresh air and a little exercise might help lift your spirits.

I hope that we, your virtual friends, can lend a virtual loving hand to help pull you through this patch too. We are on this journey with you now!