Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Some News.................

narnia

Guest MaryEMac

Narnia , just wanted to send my best wishes.

My mum had breast cancer in 1989 and beat it. She kept very positive and when she was on her last session of radiotherapy the staff at the hospital asked her if she would like to come back weekly to keep up the spirits of the other patients. She declined gracefully but she always felt that a positive attitude helps an awful lot. So. Narnia try and stay positive if you can and we will all keep sending positive thoughts your way.

God bless, Mary

once again, my thanks to you all, it's been a humbling few days, honestly. I've received so many good wishes, it's been very hard on my big box of tissues.....and, yesterday, I received a card from a parent, offering me the use of her holiday cottage in Devon to recuperate, whenever i need to.I was overwhelmed at the kindness.The other parents have set up a rota too, so they will come in to help whenever things get a bit hectic for me.I just don't know where all this love and generosity of spirit has come form, but it's very touching

I just don't know where all this love and generosity of spirit has come form, but it's very touching

Well it has obviously come in response to the kind of person you are: silly girl! :o

It was lovely to talk to you in chat tonight, even if there were quite a few of us in there!

Maz x

Narnia I just wanted to thank you for your openness and honesty - I know that in a community like this relationships build quickly and easily but I do feel honoured that you have chosen to share this news with us all. It says a lot for your strength of character that you are worrying about how others are feeling and how they will cope: and if anything will get - and keep - you well it will be your positive attitude. Oh and I'm sure your surgeons and doctors will play a small part! :o

I can't offer words of advice and nor would I presume to. I would just like to wish you well for the trials ahead and send you a virtual hug - and I do hope you get enough 'real' hugs whenever you need them!

Maz xx

I second happy mazs comments a very big virtual hug Matkat

Hi there Narnia,

Wow, this is such a hard thing to deal with and I do understand how your nearest and dearest may possibly feel as my sister has had a mastectomy followed by Chemotherapy and radiotherapy. My husband has cancer of the intestine too and has received chemotherapy.

I certainly took it very badly for the first couple of weeks, feeling very upset, but I have never felt angry or questioned 'why me/us'. However my sister does feel this and constantly says why me.

The point I am making is that any emotion you and those closest to you feel is allowed, correct and should be expected as each day is different and one simple thing (such as a headline in the news) can change your day.

The biggest thing I would suggest is that the service you are offered may not include the extra things you could be entitled to or offered.

Have a look at the cancer backup and Macmillan websites.

Also, if you don't get on with any of your healthcare group you can change them simply by asking.

I wish you the very best treatment and hope it all goes well,

cirhossa1 x

Narnia I dont know why but this post escaped me until now.

Reading all the wonderful messages to you is overwhelming and i can only offer my own healing thoughts to you.

And I dont know any lyrics to your favourite group but from Michael Jackson (no relation) I sing

YOU ARE NOT ALONE

WE ARE HERE WITH YOU XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Andrea x

thankyou again.........................i have had a couple of wobbles about all this in the last few days, which is to be expected i guess.I do not ask 'why me' because it's very much a 'why not me?' situation, but crikey, i wish it wasnt happening! Seeing the consultant again on Tuesday, for final, 100% diagnosis (remember, they were only 99.9% sure, so there is hope!!).

I have been so blessed in my friends...........and my wonderful family will get me through, i know.Will keep you posted on developments!

Haven't stopped thinking about it all Narnia, another friend also diagnosed with bowel cancer on Friday...seems to be all around us. Good luck with your results, like everyone keeps saying we are all with you on this. :oxD:(

We are all thinking of you Narnia and keep this thought in your mind even if it doesn't feel like it at present.

"Only through difficulty can you rest at the peak, look out over the horizon that surrounds you, and rejoice beyond today's imagination at how beautiful life really is and how lucky we truly are."

Michelle C. Ustaszeski,

post-1195-1222675535_thumb.jpg

Hi Narnia

I just posted on another thread and realised it was my 999th post. I was trying to think how to use my '1,000th' post.

What better way could there be than to come here and let you know I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

I underwent a breast cancer scare a while back and a text message from my boss that simply said 'I'm with you' meant the world and really was a great support.

When you see the consultant tomorrow remember we are all there fighting with and for you :o

It wouldn't be surprising if you're not sleeping well tonight, narnia and as I'm just about to go to bed I was thinking about what you face tomorrow.

We'll all be there behind you as you find out your diagnosis tomorrow, and I hope that knowing this (and of course the love of your close friends and family) will sustain you and give you the strength you need to face whatever the news is. And however you're feeling, we'll be here to listen to your worries.

Take care,

Love Mx

Hi Narnia,

All the best for today.

I will add you to my prayer list, also your family and friends.

As others have said - stay positive, it is how we manage difficulties in life, as well as the good things that makes us the person we are.

Stay focussed.

Love Core