Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Welly Help!

Hi,

How does everyone cope with their storage of wellies? Our outdoor area is predominantly grass so at this time of year wellies are required. As always space is limited!! Have looked on eBay and the web for welly storage ideas but they are all posh wooden / metal things that are horrendously expensive. Have considered the big plastic buckets in their house teams, has anyone achieved something similar? Today was a nightmare - I had shoes / carrier bags / wellies strewn all in the vicinity of the door, encroaching on the music area and mark-making areas - it wasn't a pretty sight!!

Thanks everyone.

I've got a plastic chain with pegs for storing toys (available in Pound shop or Xmas gift catalogues) which I've linked to 2 hooks at child height.

We peg the wellies in pairs to this - can be used outside if under cover - looks funny but it's fairly effective!!

Nona

We have those tubs in nursery which are seating / storage.

Not sure if you know what I mean?

Well some of our wellies are in one of those!

I liked the chain idea though..........

Mindyou I did recently visit somewhere and they had a proper wellie rack........... now we wouldn't have the space for it, but still I was envious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ours get lobbed into a big storage box too. We did realise fairly early on that its a good idea to marker pen the size onto the toes to speed up the process of giving children the right (ish) size.

Thanks for the chain and pegs idea - like it!

I've seen some stored in an old wooden bookcase that someone had donated to the group - it looked good!

Hi, we use washing up basins with cement and lengths of broom sticks. Cement in basins, broomstick in cement, wellies on broomstick. As long as wellies are shorter than broomstick they can be left outside and dry on the inside.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)