Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Driving Licence Expiries!

hali

I think that there has been talk about sending out reminders due to the number of people who haven't renewed.

We have the old paper ones too but now that we have moved we will have to update them and get the photo ones. I think this is free if you move house though.

paper ones only expire when your 70, the cards expire 10 years after you have had them because of the photo and if you dont renew you get fined! xD

didnt mention sending out reminders! think you just have to check on your card. :o

did you know that if you try to renew after the expired date you have to retake your theory plus test to get a new liscense, someone at work got caught out on this one

I can find no evidence that this is the case simcity. Are you sure there wasn't another reason why they had to retake?

I heard from 2 people last week that if you are required to show your licence for any reason it must be the paper one regardless of whether or not you have the photo one.

I lost mine years ago which is why I have the photo one in the first place, as a replacement.

So if they don't send reminders how are we spose to know where to order them from. I need a new one early next year, can't belive I have been driving 10 years.

Just been on the govenment website which says that if you don't get a renewal licence form you can use a different form. So it sounds like you should get a renewal letter!

Beth

I heard from 2 people last week that if you are required to show your licence for any reason it must be the paper one regardless of whether or not you have the photo one.

I lost mine years ago which is why I have the photo one in the first place, as a replacement.

Rea,

They don't issue paper ones anymore so this can't be the case. And I thought if you applied for a photo one you had to surrender up your old licence, as otherwise this could easily lead to fraud.

You get a paper part that goes with your photo one and if you have to present your documents to the police then you need to take both parts, not just the photo bit.

I'm ok for another few years yet as didn't pass my test till 2000. I did think that it might change when I got married but no, the expiry date is still the same. At least you don't have to pay for a new driving licence when you get married like you do with your passport!