Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assessments And Parents

Hi

One of the requirements of EYFS is that parents play a part in their own child's assessments. Just wondering how people are managing this? It sounds like a big"ask" especially of working parents.

Any suggestions? :o

Our children have daily diaries which go home each night, we encourage parents to write in them what children have done at home.

Also the learning journeys are available for parents to look at and add to whenever thay want.

We also have white boards in each room outlining what we are interested in and learning as a group, on this we write suggestions for parents to do at home should they wish to.

We are in Nursery but some of this can easily be adapted fo reception.

jojom

Hi, just reading what you put about the new journal for the new foundation stage. Wondered if you can tell me and help me. Iwork in a nursery in a primary school. We have started the journals for all our children but i did not go on the training. The questions is are these journals suppose to be going home or should there be a diary for each child going home to the childs parent even though it is a school? With not going on the training i am just going on what the teacher says, she has not mentioned this? Please can you clarify for me is this was just a suggestion or it has to be done. Thank you 0258 :o

Thanks for your quick reply. Oh dear going to have to approach the subject and the only away around this will be to say that i have been on this forum. Its just that we are expecting ofsted anytime and i dont want us not to be not doing something that we should be. thanks 0258 x

We have a parents notice board on which are the details for our proposed "topic" or area of interest.

We hope to encourage parents to support their child and often they do by bringing in stuff relevant to what we are doing.....

Our learning journey books haven't been home yet......... I am worried they might not come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our learning journey books haven't been home yet......... I am worried they might not come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snap! I'm going to be really brave and send mine home this week. Fingerscrossed they come back in 1 piece!

We have home/school diaries which we try to send out each session (some children only do one session so we feel it's good to have that extra contact.)

Some parents don't comment at all, others use it to let us know new phone numbers, contact details, one or two have shared essays with us about their child or stick photos in them.

Development records go home each term (sometimes it takes a term to get them back and then they're not even signed.) But I have had really nice letters from parents saying how much they value the insight into their childs time with us.

It's worth trying what you like and seeing what you get back in response.

Rachel

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)