Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted On Tuesday

Hi everyone,

We had our phone call on Thursday and Ofsted are coming on Tuesday with an emphasis on early years- I am the foundation stage teacher - any advice on last minute wow factor things would be most appreciated..

thank you

The best of luck, we had ours a few months ago and the emphasis was on early years, as I was new to the school and that was the one area that hadn't done so well in the previous inspection I got myself so nervous. In the end early years got "good" and everyone was very pleased. What I am trying to say is be confident, just do what you do and try not to be nervous. Good luck

I'd say have your SEF ready, do what you normally do, Ofsted can spot a 'wow, show' factor straight away. Let the children be your evidence, they'll not let you down. :o

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Peggy

You are right about them noticing a 'show' - I will not be doing that- just be myself as you said... but I was wondering what sort of things they look for when early years is the emphasis?

Thank you for your advice so far- really appreciated!

Good luck for Tuesday. You will find lots of help and inspiration on this site! I think they will be looking for evidence of the new EYFS in planning and in practice. How are you referencing this in your paperwork or on displays showing children in an 'enabling environment'? How will the inspector know you know your stuff with regard to EYFS, without asking you? I'm sure all inspectors will have this remit as it is all so new. Hope it goes well!

Hope everything goes really well on Tuesday. If they came to me on Tuesday, it would be my class' second day full time- if you're in a similar situation I don't envy you! Just be yourself and have fun. It's your chance to show off the fantastic work you do! Keep us posted on how it goes. xx

Good Luck

I'm having Ofsted also on Tuesday 6 months after getting a 'Good'. The reason for this apparently is that we are on a school site and they are having theirs. Not sure what they will be looking for neither is anyone else on advisory team. I think we will be the guinea pigs. We know its a man so i'm hoping for a very large and tall man who will not want to sit on tiny chairs for too long.

Alison

Just a short note to say good luck for tuesday and i will be thinking of you. We have our ofsted coming up shortly. I am wondering just the same justs what they are looking for regarding the new eyfs. GOOD LUCK :o 0258

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)