Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wierdest Childcare Related Dream You've Had..?

MrsWeasley

I am never seen without nail varnish on, and the colour of my nail varnish changes atleast 3 times a week ! The children love seeing what colour my nails are, and are always saying "Your nails are pink today". I also have colourful earings, which I change a lot too and hardly ever wear a matching pair. So there are a few children who like to see what colours they are.

Having said this, I had a dream last night, that the government made it a law that anybody working with children could not wear any jewellery or nail varnish. So I wrote a letter to the government telling them I thought it was a bit stupid and that the children loved looking at the colour of my nails and earrings. And that even though they had made it a law I wasn't going to stop wearing them cause it was a brilliant thing for them. And I got a reply saying that they'd find out where I worked and they'd arrest me and close the nursery !

I think that's probably the wierdest dream I've had about work for a while..

haha.

Mrs Weasley.x :o

Mrs Weasley what can I say aren't dreams funny things.

I haven't had any dreams which I have remembered for ages and then last night I dreamt I was stood outside of school waiting for my children to come out when one of the Dads I know quite well came over to me with his daughter to ask how my youngest was, as he had heard he was about to have an operation. I was completely bamboozled and had to explain that my son was as fit as a fiddle and I had no idea why he would be going around telling other children such stories. I then of course had to take my child aside for a little chat.

What do they mean????!!!!!

I had a dream once about being inspected. We were in a real flap about snack and my assistant spent ages making roast potatoes instead of helping me with the children. I couldn't quite work out why on earth she had chosen to serve the children roast dinner that day! Needless to say when we were inspected there was not a roast potato in sight!! :o

I usually tend to have strange dreams about my setting just before we go back after a holiday. This year, no different.

In September I dreamt that I went into the setting in the morning to be greeted by 35 middlesized cardboard boxes!! Myself and my supervisor had to unpack them before the children arrived. As we unpacked each one they were one of the children!! We had to sit them on the registration spots and give them a cup of water and the came to life!! xD:(:(:( :wacko:

You can imagine my suprise on the 3rd day back to arrive to 10 middle sized cardboard boxes!! Luckily they were only full of paper, card, foam house bricks and 50 pre cut paper children!!!! :o

I had one twice over the weekend.

On the first night, I was driving to work and got very near the building in a que of traffic. I had to tell the police man who I was so I was let down the road to park nearby. Other staff members did the same so we could stand in stragic (sp) places to tell the parents we wasn't going to be open. There was 3 dead bodies in and around the church grounds. Spooky.

The second night I was walking down the same road has strangly I had a pushchair and 2 children with me (haven't a clue why) to find out that again dead bodies where in and around the church grounds.

Not sure why but if I have the same dream 2 or more times it tend to come true in real life! I hope it never happens in my lifetime.

Beth

Hi - not had a dream yet been too ill - only after 5 days back, had tummy up-set and then have been in bed with flu - forgot how great it was to go back to school and catch every illness going !!!! Dot :o

Hmmmmmm, now you mention it, I haven't had a dream for ages, does that mean I have no worries? :o:(

Mrs Weasley, I wonder if your dream is indicating that you feel that you are doing what the government says you have to now, but are feeling resentfull about it. I've heard that if you 'face' your dreams, especially recurring ones they will stop. ie: decide how the dream links to your current thoughts/feelings/anxieties/conflicts etc, then face these, deal with them, in real life. I you can't work it out then 'face' the person/event in your dream.ie for a person, make your character in your dream tell them what you think, in the dream. for an event, ie: continually falling (but never landing) as you are about to fall stop yourself, or if you are falling imagine, in your dream, that you can fly, and fly yourself to safe ground. In other words take control, in real life and in your dreams, maybe be a bit more assertive / honest and face issues.

My most upsetting recurring dream, (not about childcare) was that my teeth would start to crumble, and I chewed them, the taste and texture was horrible, it continued until I had a mouth full of broken teeth and I felt like I was choking on them. :( Apparently this meant that aspects of my life were uncertain, foundations of security felt like they were crumbling around me. Just being told what the dream represented has made it stop. xD

Peggy

In other words take control, in real life and in your dreams, maybe be a bit more assertive / honest and face issues.

Oh Peggy you may have created a monster: she'll be asking for a pay rise next! :o

Maz

Does that mean I'm afraid of chickens and I should confront one? xD

possibly :o

Have you recently had a letter about the measles outbreaks? maybe this is on your mind (but you are a bit confused)?

Peggy

Oh Peggy you may have created a monster: she'll be asking for a pay rise next! :o

Maz

Ah, maybe she needs a pay rise to be able to afford 4 or 5 changes of nail varnish a week and a few more earings to make matching pairs? xD

Peggy

I am never seen without nail varnish on, and the colour of my nail varnish changes atleast 3 times a week ! The children love seeing what colour my nails are, and are always saying "Your nails are pink today". I also have colourful earings, which I change a lot too and hardly ever wear a matching pair. So there are a few children who like to see what colours they are.

Having said this, I had a dream last night, that the government made it a law that anybody working with children could not wear any jewellery or nail varnish. So I wrote a letter to the government telling them I thought it was a bit stupid and that the children loved looking at the colour of my nails and earrings. And that even though they had made it a law I wasn't going to stop wearing them cause it was a brilliant thing for them. And I got a reply saying that they'd find out where I worked and they'd arrest me and close the nursery !

I think that's probably the wierdest dream I've had about work for a while..

haha.

Mrs Weasley.x :(

The children love seeing what colour my nails are, and are always saying "Your nails are pink today".

Reminds me of when I used to change the colour of my contact lenses, I have blue, green and violet ones, (my eyes are naturally brown). The children would ask "have you got your blue eyes today?", or "Can you take your eyes out please" (they were fascinated to watch me change my lenses). The interst in my eyes really helped with 'eye contact' when talking with the children xD

Just a thought, my nails were never long enough to make nail varnish look good (no I don't bite my nails). So, if you have long nails, how come they don't break at work? Are your hands hard working (and deserve a pay rise)? or is it that the nail varnish keeps your nails strong? :o:(

Peggy

Ah, maybe she needs a pay rise to be able to afford 4 or 5 changes of nail varnish a week and a few more earings to make matching pairs? :o

Maybe then she could even afford to buy matching socks!

Socks are a bit of a problem in our house. hali and I have been at an EYPS session this morning and I detected that someone in the room was looking at my feet with rather a puzzled look on her face. I looked down and realised that I was wearing today my DOH's "greatest dad" socks! But at least they match! xD

Maz

PS dot I'm sorry to hear you've been poorly: hope you're soon back to full fitness.

Guest MaryEMac

A few years ago I had a child in playgroup who used to escape from his own house quite a lot and go to his Nan's. I must have been worried about this because I dreamt that he got out of playgroup and went home. I went to find him but I was riding a little sit and ride tractor and couldn't catch him. :o

Mary

A few years ago I had a child in playgroup who used to escape from his own house quite a lot and go to his Nan's. I must have been worried about this because I dreamt that he got out of playgroup and went home. I went to find him but I was riding a little sit and ride tractor and couldn't catch him. :o

Sometimes I think dreams are a way of doing what Peggy was talking about: facing your fears in a safe environment. Hopefully your dream will be the only occasion a child will escape from your care!

Maz

I've rooted in the freezer and found a chicken.I shouted at it and now feel much better and hoping for goodnights sleep. :o

I think its a health worry coupled with the TA I'm working with tomorrow who breeds rare breed chickens.So I SHALL make that doctors appointment tomorrow and enquire how the Transylvania naked neck chicks are.

Dreams must be a message

Just a thought, my nails were never long enough to make nail varnish look good (no I don't bite my nails). So, if you have long nails, how come they don't break at work? Are your hands hard working (and deserve a pay rise)? or is it that the nail varnish keeps your nails strong? :o:(

Peggy

well, they were lovely and long over the holidays.. and after just a day back the varnish was chipped, and the majority of my nails were broken..

And I'd say I definately deserve a payrise.. :(xD

Ok I had a really spooky one. We have a large play house in the outdoor area plus some very nice 'neighbours' if you get my drift!

The other night I was dreaming that I got to work at 8.30 am ish to find the play house strewn all over the outdoor area on a Monday morning. Plus most of it was in the nettles so I couldn't get hold if it.

So guess what happened this morning...........................drove in the car park at 8.15am to find.........you've guessed it, the playhouse strewn all over the place! The parent who donated it was a little upset but we were expecting it anyway.

Well I did say at the beginning it was a spooky dream!

Beth

I've had two dreams I can remeber about work, slightly weird but neither of them is very exciting tho.

I once dreamt I was in the storage cupboard, it seemed bigger than it really is, and there was a fast flowing stream?? at the end of it and I kept losing things into the stream.

The other one I was at work and the other rooms in the village hall had been cleared out, they were empty and huge and I got all excited (in my dream) cause I was thinking I could put the climbing frame there, and the wooden blocks here and I'll use that space for painting etc...

em x