Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Need A Song?

Hi does anyone have a suitable song for not hurting others and using our hands for caring type of thing. We have some children who push, hit ect and I just wanted a song about ' Hands are not for hurting'

Any other tips on cutting down on this type of behavious would also be welcome

There are some lovely ideas on the attached sheet. It is from a the now-defunct Christian Playleader magazine. I did the handwashing one and it was fab! We also made a display by drawing around children's hands (1 labelled 'good' 1 'bad) and cutting them out. We then talked about 'good hands' and 'naughty' hands and the adult scribed their answers to what 'good' or 'naughty' hands do. It made a lovely display and encouraged lots of talk. We did it as a keyworker activity and the children then told others about it.

Good luck!

HANDS.doc

There is a great publication from Kindescope called "Holding Hands" which includes lots of songs (with a CD) to support PSED. The ones called "Teddy Wrong and Teddy Right", "Will You Be My Friend?", "Sit Very Still" and "Holding Hands" would be very suitable for your lively (!) group :o You can find the materials at www.kindescope.com

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)