Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Xl Airways

:oxD This was the airline I was travelling to Egypt with next year........good news is looks like my deposit is refundable because we used our credit card.

Anyone else affected by this?

We were booked with them flying to kefalonia on the 23rd of this month.Heard it on the radio before we were properly awake this morning.Luckily we seem to have found alternative flights.(don't want to be too certain now!)

Feel so sorry for all those people who only heard the news at the airport this morning,those that are stranded abroad and especially all those out of a job!

Hope you get your holiday sorted. :o

Biker

Glad the credit card company will help you out, Mrsb!

The saddest thing I heard to today was someone who went to Egypt on a business trip with XL feeling very sad indeed because a close friend had just died. Now she is stuck in Egypt and is wondering how she can get home - no doubt wondering whether she would have been better off staying at home. I think the funeral is some time off, so she's keeping her fingers crossed that she'll get home in time.

I heard the Chief Exec of the company at a press conference today sounding very emotional saying that he had wanted to bring all his passengers home but the Civil Aviation Authority wouldn't allow it. One thing I didn't understand was why they traded under so many different names: so lots of people may not be aware that they are booked with XL at all.

All very sad whether you're a passenger or an employee.

Maz

Nightmare one of my staff is stuck in Florida was due to fly home today and be at work on Monday, we know do not know when we will see her!!

Oh dear thats not good. Hope you see her soon.

We have flown with XL airways a few times, shame they went into adminstration because they where the only airline (apart from scedual airlines) that had nice leather seats and plenty of leg room.

Beth

I have a friend who was due to go on holiday with them in a couple of weeks so they are knackered I think.

The bad thing is that they were taking money upto midnight apparetly! That's wrong!

I hope everyone manages to get home without too much trouble and those who have got other holidays booked manage to get something sorted too.

The other bad thing I heard is that other airlines are now raising their prices to exploit the needs of people requiring replacement tickets :oxD

I also wish everyone affected by this the best of luck to get refunds, back home, or alternative bookings for future travel plans.

Peggy

what with that and the channel tunnel fire..... Boy what is the world coming too.... HAve to say I'll think I'll stick with camping from now on first time this year and although it was wet at times. It was a very relaxed holiday and a bit of water and mud is nothing to not getting home....

My heart and thoughts go out to all those who have suffered in this terrible crisis.... Hope that every one affected manage to sort out their holidays and return home safely.

Booked new flights with Thomsons for holiday next year.....fingers x!!! and we will get a full refund for our deposit, apparantely because we paid by credit card...this could take up to 12 weeks though.

I consider myself as one of the lucky ones, I seem to have this sorted pretty quickly. Let's hope everyone else who has been affected by this has the same luck.

trouble is they are not going to be the last company to go under so i think all of us with flights booked are going to be on thew edge of their seats!!!!

We've been to portugal for the last 3 years and booked flights with septembers wage but won't this year. I have a strong feeling they won't be the only ones to go bust with the rise in fuel over the last few months and the general money market.