Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Policy Arrangrmrnts

should our policies be arranged to be in line with tthe eyfs by the four principles i have them all together in one file at the moment, what do you think.

I don't think there is a 'right or wrong' way to file policies more just whatever works for each of us!

I have mine filed under the five outcomes but also have a chart showing how they link to the four themes.

I debated for ages whether to file under the four themes of EYFS or the five outcomes of Every Child Matters. I realised that each EYFS card highlights which outcome it relates to so decided to use that and filed under outcomes.

Not sure I have made much sense!!! :o

Edited by Geraldine

I agree Geraldine that it is what works for you, I have mapped out under the four themes due to them being more working practice (using cards) and a way I can get my head around the themes and commitments in every day practice and have decided to some how link them to the outcomes whether on each sleeve in the cabinet or jut to have an overview stuck on cabinet.

we have more a shelf than a filing cabinet.. which has lots of folders/ boxes each referring to different things.. there is off the top of my head one fro child protection, H&S with risk assessments, Staff, children's reg forms etc etc.. basically any info needed for running the group.. they are now all numbered as new manager cannot find stuff.. i never did.. just referred to the folder name..

This is then accompanied by a sort of contents folder./ sheet which says what ot refers to and where to find it.. I will attach the list given by our LEA as to what could be in the plan and their suggestions on how to present it.. If it is not in the cupboard then the location of where to find it is put on the contents list.. such as Accident book.. in the kitchen..daily routine.. on parents notice board.. etc

I have always done it this way and never had a problem with Ofsted.. who actually liked it as we had more information in the folders than expected.. as when we find relevant books and leaflets etc we add to them some are quite substantial now with lots of info for us to use and if needed for parents...All I did was give the list and she could find all the info she wanted...

Hope this is some help.. the attached list is only a suggestion from our LEA and is by no means definitive nor do you need to have all of them

operational_plan_ideas.doc

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

Have been browsing the site for a while now but this is the first time I've posted anything, so hope it works! I work as a reception class teacher in a primary school and, as my role as early years leader, I am overseeing the implementation of the EYFS in our FS. I am currently auditing our school / FS policies and procedures and trying to put a file together containing all the documentation we have as evidence that we are meeting the standards (a mammoth task!). I've just opened a really useful attachment from Inge which lists all the policies etc in an operational plan. I know that we can use our school policies if they are relevant and don't necessarily need to re-write them all, but can anyone tell me if schools need to do checks on things like fridge temperature checks and toilet checks because this will prove difficult as the toilets are used by all the children in the infants and our fridge is in our staff room. No doubt I will have more questions if this post works!

Welcome to the forum hhill!

My intial reaction is that yes, they will. The fridge temperature shouldn't be too hard if you get hold of a thermometer and just design a simple sheet to record the temp each day...what do you mean by toilet checks (not having a copy of the EYFS in front of me)! :o

Edited by Wolfie

Some of the settings i support have them organised under the every child matters outcomes, one setting has organised them under the 5 headings in the welfare requirements

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)