Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Paying For Nursery Provision

Hi everyone- wondering if someone can help. We are a 52 place part-time school nursery (although we are not quite full in the morning and about half full in the afternoon).

Most parents naturally want a full-time place for a variety of reasons. We follow the LA criteria for allocation of full-time places in a part-time setting.

Once that criteria is filled then we look to who we feel would beneift/needs it the most. What I want to know is does anyone working in a school nursery charge for full-time places? I would love to hear from anyone who works like this and how it is done.

Hoping someone can enlighten me

cheers

apple

Hiya!!

When we had morning and afternoon nursery funded by the LA no one could stay all day!

Our children can now, because afternoon nursery sessions funded by LA were closed.

WE had to open back up privately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If our children have LA funded places in the AM they can pay to stay for the PM sessions.

However afternoon children cannot stay and pay for morning sessions!!!!!!

I didn't think it was allowed that a school LA nursery could offer full time places!

This is news to me so I will be interested in the answers you get!!!

Hi this is my first post so I hope I get it right.

In our area nearly all nurseries offered full time places usually about 40% of intake. From 1st September they are no longer able to do this so most are offering am/pm places but a few have opted to offer am places that receive funding and parents pay for lunchtime supervision and pm place in nursery. The amount the nursery is charging has been advised by the LEA and parent interest was sought and most parents agreed in principle.

Edited by Guest

A Warm welcome to the forum Adbenaja, :o

Thanks for your first post, now that ones out the way and successfully done I look forward to getting to know you more through your future forum posts. xD

Peggy

Hiya!!

When we had morning and afternoon nursery funded by the LA no one could stay all day!

each nursery in Blackpool seems to have its own rules?

children are entitled to 15 free hrs a week

some nurserys say you have to use either mornings or afternoons not mix n match lol

yet one fab school nursery said you can have 15hrs when ever you wish and pay for any extra hrs needed

so you could use 3 full days and 2 off (think you have to pay for the extra hr at lunch) ,,,,, or 5days 9am -12 etc,

one child starting with me soon will be at nursery 9-12 and then ill pick up just in time 4 lunch,(still charging for a full day so works for me ) sorry did i go off a bit?

welcome to Adbenaja hope you enjoy xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)