Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

First Day Back?

It was my first day back in school today and i come home feeling exhausted. What makes it worse is that is was only an inset day and there are no children in until tomorrow.

Is it just me or does anyone else have trouble sleeping the day before you are due back to work after the hols. I must have woken up and checked the alarm clock 10 times. :oxD:(

Hopefully tonight will be a better one!

Tinyone

I'm exactly the same... my brain is whizzing around with ideas and 'I must do thats !'....but then after about 2 days I sleep like a log ! Have a lovely day with the children tomorrow and then I bet you'll sleep like a baby ! :o

Guest Sycamore

I am beginning to have the back to school dreams. Where I can't teach, I haven't prepared my room, the kids are out of control etc etc. I get them every year! I was in for the morning and that was tiring enough. Moving the furniture around and doing displays. It only seems five mins since I took them down!

Sleep well everyone. x

Sycamore, I'm so glad it's not just me that has those dreams - yours sound identical to mine! Also totally exhausted just 1 inset day in. Alan (hubby) says if we didn't have such a long holiday we wouldnt be out of practise & wouldn't get tired. I'd rather have the holiday & bear with being a bit worn out!! :o

Dianne

If I'm worried about anything I have the most bizarre dreams. I can wake up feeling exhausted because of them. :o I went through mine a couple of weeks back. It certainly is nice to know that others have the same thing. :D

As an NQT starting next Monday, I have started having strange dreams, and am feeling a bit nervous about being 'a real teacher', who is supposed to know what she is doing!!!!!!!

Chris

xD Hello all, GGGGGGGGGrrrrrrrrrrr not been able to sleep much .....my comp crashed a couple of nights ago! Felt so down hearted because i hadn't saved my plans onto disk......(bit of a technophobe really).............I feel like I wasted soo much time over bank holiday so over the past couple of nights I have been dreaming about planning! I have only been a teacher for a few days and already I'm ripping my hair out!!

must go......

need chocolate

need coffee

need to plan

need some sleep

back in a day or two with a smile...... :D <<<like this I hope!

Hope everyone has a good first week!

Dougal x :o

And Good luck Chris!

Back tomorrow, just with the new children. Some of you might remember a few months ago that my youngest son had a bit of an upset concerning a lad at his prospective secondary school. This morning he has gone out of the house without a backward glance and I am so happy, chuffed, thrilled, relieved, not to say scared, apprehensive, worried, anxious...more grey hairs! :oxD:(:(:( Hope everyone else is coping with all things new. :):)

:D Thats wonderful Rea, I hope tomorrow and all the days after will be the same. :D

My son goes back tomorrow and is already anticipating his sleepless night. xD Its not just the teachers, you know, that feel the strain! But I certainly dont remember feeling like that as a child, its so sad!

Dianne, I'm not sure your husbands theory is correct, having workrd in days when pressure was no where near so great (getting rather long in tooth here, you see!), its the knowledge of all that pressure and how to cope, adrenalin setting in for the fight that keeps us awake! :o

Am I destined never to sleep again, wondering if the morning will awake me with the call to work? I hope not!! ( I want to work and sleep! )

Rea,

Great to hear about your son. :D Let's hope that he doesn't have anymore problems of that sort.

Dougal,

Sorry about your computer. Ours crashed last year and stupidly I hadn't backed anything up. Luckily my husband could take the hard drive into work and some of his ICT guys managed to retrieve everything. When I thought I had lost everything I had worked so hard on I just cried though! :o

You can almost be 100% certain I will not sleep well the day before I start back. I've been like that in the 20 years I've been at school as a kid or teacher! It's 20 years since I started reception (actually I was a January start, but that's just being pedantic!)

I don't go back until Monday but I know I won't sleep on Sunday night! I will be lying in bed thinking of all the things I haven't done and should have!

I dreamt the other night that my husband and I bought a hotel!!! We didn't have any food to give the guests so I fed them on egg and chips and tinned sponge puddings!!!! I really should get my dreams anylised!

Linda

First day back today. Met new children and their families, nice lot, only appears to one child at present who may cause my total break down :o I'd seriously forgotten what it's like. I am pooped! Still, rather good to be back though. (am I mad??) :D

Guest Tracey F

knackered doesn't cover it xD have been back since last wednesday, but my Reception children only started today - I think its the effort of being nice to them all the time that does it in the early days :o Anyway I have been accepted onto a TIPD study visit to NEW ZEALAND at half term, so the countdown to that is keeping me going! :D

Guest Tracey F

What did you want to know??

Well I applied along with our Y6 teacher in the summer term. Anyway heard just before we broke for summer that we were accepted- to look at literacy in the primary school - but didn't know where we would be going... Then got a letter about a week into the summer holidays to say that it was New Zealand! :o We have the last 2 days before half term off for travelling and only spend a week there :( so we have decided that we are not going to have time to sleep while we are there because there is soooooooo much we want to see!!!

It's somewhere I have always wanted to go and never thought I would get the chance :D I keep telling my husband that I am going to do Shirley Valentine and go off with one of the Kiwis xD I am away for our wedding anniversary too.... he's a tiny weeeny bit jealous !!