Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Operation Tomorrow!

Totally agree with Sue R's comment make the most of resting and being spoilt, relax and don't rush into getting around sooner than you need to. (listen to your body :o ).

wishing you as pain free recovery as possible.

Peggy

Thanks everyone! I'm getting there very slowly! Went to see my practise nurse today and she changed my dressings. Silly me looked at my scars and started to feel really sick! Had to get Joe to come and help me back tothe car after not being able to leave the nurses' room until she was happy I'd not pass out on the way! Opps!

Thanks. Today is the first day I've left the house (other than my trip to the doctors on Friday) and I've really felt it. I ache so much right now and I've sat on my backside for most of the time, just moving from one place to another every now and again!

Back to see the nurse on Monday for another dressing change.

Been to see the nurse todayI did well at my nurse visit and didn't feel queazy at all. She said my wounds are healing really well!

Got another appointment for next week for another check but she was really pleased with the way they were looking.

Further update for anyone who is interested:

Been to see the nurse today, 2 weeks on from my op and I now have no dressing to cover my scars as they are doing so well and just have a bandage for support. I managed to cope with 1 stick at the doctors so I'm going to try and stick with that. I can even do the stairs at home without my crutches at all.

I'm so looking forward to having a shower later! Until now its been a wash in the sink as I wasn't able to get my dressing wet.

It's great progress but I'm not going to push myself too far. After that trip to the docs I slept for 3 hours this afternoon!

Nichola, really glad to hear you are doing so well.............................the shower will be bliss!!

I'm so looking forward to it! Keep finding things I like watching on TV (currently watching a programme about anger, which is really interesting, I'm not an angry person but my husband can be!) so I'm going in after that. I can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, if anyone is interested here's the latest with me!

I'm signed off until half term (24th October) as I go to see the consultant on the 23rd so my GP thought that would be the best time to look at me again.

I'm still using 1 crutch but I'm not relying on it as much as I was. Around the house I don't use it at all if I'm just moving from one room to another.

I've made it out for a little walk today, to the end of the road where there is a little wood and back. It's not far at all but progress is progress. I can't walk far enough to get to the other end of the road where the shops are, but maybe soon I will be able to!

Thanks to everyone who has asked about me when I've been in chat, it's lovely to know people care enough to ask!

And what a lovely day for a walk it was too! (Assuming that the sun was shining where you are!) Glad that you are making progress, even if it is quite slow. Hope it is good news when you have your next appointment. :o