Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Years And Primary Teaching Exhibition

Hi there,

Have been reading lots about these exhibitions taking place in London, Glasgow, Manchester, and Belfast and wondered if anyone is either going, or has gone to one in the past. Are they any good? is there lots of freebies?

I wanted to go to one last year, but never got around to it, and then heard from someone that is fantastic, with loads of resources etc to look at and buy.

Hopefully someone has been and can tell me whether it is worthwhite making the journey.

Hi! I've been to the exhibition in Manchester for a few years now. This time was the first time I went to a couple of the seminars and I found them very interesting. There aren't many freebies apart from plenty of catalogues which always have their uses. However it is a great place to pick up bargains, either from your own pocket, or even better if you have school's money to go with! Many places do discounts on books/stickers/equipment etc etc. Also you can pick up ideas from other things that you see there. I'd recommend going.

What does anyone else think?

How do you go about getting tickets Nichola, or do just turn up on the day??

Looked on their website but it doesn;t give your much info except a floor plan. :)

Guest Sycamore

Hi

I'm going to this event. I have never been before but have been to the NEC for the Education Show and also BETT exhibition in London which were both very good. I have also heard that some of the seminars are good. You can get tickets from their website, they are free. They will then send you a pass to get in and any other info.

Not as many freebies as in the past but still worth a visit for ideas.

I have been to the Islington Early years exhibition for the past two years and plan to go this year.

It is great I think. There are a few freebies, some special offers, catalogues etc. Lots to look at and lots you end up wanting. That's the only problem with it- it is great to be aware of what is out there but frustrating wj=hen you know there is no way you'll be getting it! I always end up spending too much of my own money (with the excuse that 'easier' 'more fun' teaching will make my job easier and me a happier person!)

Tickets from the website or you can turn up on the day- just takes a bit longer to get through.

Hi Tinyone -

This link should get you onto the registration page for the Islington one (1-3 October).

Helen and I will certainly be going - it was great last year. We were toying with the idea of having a stand for the FSF as well, but it's criminally expensive unless you're a big commercial organisation. So we'll settle with wandering round. Hopefully we'll meet some of you there? :)

:D Thanks everyone for your replies. Have been onto the site and registered now for the Islington exhibition. Looking forward to it now.

Good job it's the weekend after pay day though...i can see myself spending a bit of money. I am terrible at buying stuff for school. I'm sure if i left, there would be barely anything left in the cupboard there.

Is anyone going to the Reggio exhibitoin in Folkestone in October? Know much about it? All I know is it's a long way but been told I am privellaged to get the chance to see it in the UK so should be grateful it's Kent I guess!

Karen

Hi Karen, I'm supposed to be getting a day out of school for the Reggio ex. in Folkestone, with my classroom assistant!!! But we haven't heard anything back yet from whoever it was that's organising it! It all seems really exciting & interesting.

I'll let you know when I know what's going on,

Dianne

Like the new signature, Rea! Me too! :o

It's on at the Custard Factory, but I can't remember the dates. There's a whole thread about it somewhere, but I've forgotten how to do the link thingy. I'll try to find it and tell you where it is.

Sue :D

Have just been reading your 'mess-up' don't worry!! :( We're all entitled to little mistakes. I have more than most :(:(

Glad you found it. Will let you know the day we're going, might meet?

Like new avatar, too, although the dancing cat was kind of 'funky' (as we used to say........in my youth.... :o ... xD )

Sue :D