Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Needed With Eyfs Parents Evening!

Hello all!

Our Pre-school has a parents evening next Wednesday in which we are intending to explain in the simplest terms the EYFS implementations and what it means to the parents.

I am trying to put together a small slideshow, but initially I am seeking help with the content that really should be included.....I have already done a display for parents focused on the EYFS including examples of how different activities apply to each area of the EYFS through photos of the children....

Any words of wisdom out there??!!

Jellytots

I am sure there is powepoint in the resource library somewhere and I also have one that I did for my parents if I can find a way of sending it

killowengirl

The DCSF has published a guide for parents, called "It's Child's Play"

My ten copies arrived yesterday - they are small (three-fold A5) - and would be good to give to parents. You may just need to get several people to order them from teachernet so you've got enough for all your parents!

Maz

here's one I do for my Reception parents - think I've adapted someone else's along the way and added some of my own stuff - see what you think x

This is great janine - very professional. Can I use it as the basis for mine please?

Maz

:oxD:(

I ordered the 'It's child's play' leaflet (30 copies please) plus various other resources that might be useful. Well a nice big box arrived today, surprise surprise my leaflet order had been reduced to 10 copies but I recieved 30 copies of a DVD called 'Playing and learning together'. Yippee looks much nicer than a small leaflet, you never know they might even watch it. Haven't watched it yet but it says that it is to help parents and carers get involved in their children's learning. So this will now be added to my list of how we try to get parents and carers involved at our setting.

Count yourself very lucky teahead, those DVDs seem to only have been sent out to a chosen few! I got sent some ( :o ) too but have never been able to find a place that you can order them online.

It's certainly a good resource -some clips are more useful than others.

Playing and learning together

Can be ordered on line now.. found it..... and already ordered mine.. did not seem any restriction on numbers .. its the fourth one down.. also a Learning and growing together height chart in different languages..

DVD is in different languages too but cannot seem to find out how to order yet...

Inge

anyone please feel free to use and adapt the powerpoint - I'm not precious!

I've got loads more to share and would really value comments - e.g. assessment/observation booklets, planning formats etc.

xx

You (and your contributions) are very precious to us though, Janine! (is there a smiley for groaning at a bad joke?)

Can I point out something about the poem at the end though? I spotted that a couple of the words may be round the wrong way in the bit about scissors going in a straight line for the first time!

Sorry - I'm congenitally disposed towards seeing these things (but not usually my own until I see them being printed a hundred times... :o )

(edited to amend a typo I only saw at the same time as clicking on 'reply'...

Edited by HappyMaz

I also got my 10 copies today some comments did make me laugh a parent said in her child's nursery the children PLAY is that a new concept that someone has invented!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry

How can we be expected to be proffessional when we can only get 10 copies of this form. I have 50 families in my playgroup.

i also got the dvd playing and learning yet to see it but got it from teachernet

I do like the presentations. I am not sure i am confident about doing anything like that though. I am already nervous about the christmas play

angela

How can we be expected to be proffessional when we can only get 10 copies of this form. I have 50 families in my playgroup

Isn't it ridiculous! I've just tried to order some more to be told I cant. Honestly, I tried to copy and paste bits, but it raninto over 2 A4 pages and I know it wouldn't have been read, it looked so boring. I'm certainly not about to print off 40 odd copies of the original either -cant afford to.

I do find some of the stuff in there patronising- Play- Wow what a new concept! Something none of us have ever let the kids do before.

here's one I do for my Reception parents - think I've adapted someone else's along the way and added some of my own stuff - see what you think x

Hi Janine

Would you mind if I used your presentation as a starting poiint and adapted it for my setting?

If you have done yours already I hope that it went well. Mine is on Thursday.

Michelle

Hi Janine

Would you mind if I used your presentation as a starting poiint and adapted it for my setting?

If you have done yours already I hope that it went well. Mine is on Thursday.

Michelle

Just seen your earlier message!!

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've got loads more to share and would really value comments - e.g. assessment/observation booklets, planning formats etc.

xx

Have you posted assessment / observation booklets?? I would love to see them.

H

• 9 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)