Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Learning Journey Scrapbooks

Hi there,

Having just started as manager of a pre-school which has no preparation in place for the Eyfs, I now feel from reading through the forum that I have my head around what I need to do. I want to record everything in a scrapbook, adding photo's/obs/comments from child/parents etc. My question is, what are you physically using for this, ie ring binders, papers loose in a file, a blank book that you stick things on pages? And also, where did you buy what you use? Hope you can help, i'm sure I'm making this more difficult than it needs be!

I used to use A2 sized sugar paper (various colours) which I folded and stapled (long arm stapler) in the middle to make a scrapbook. :o

Peggy

or buy scrap books from local sources.. if we haven't all bought them up.. we get ours from the Consortuim...know this came up a while ago.. sorry no time to search for you but a forum search may bring up a previous discussion on this...

Inge

We get scrapbooks from ESPO. They have sugar paper pages which are just larger than A4- so no having to trim things before they get stuck in. They have a cover made of a slightly stronger paper. They weren't very expensive. Unless your me and end up ordering 100- I only have 22 children! xx

I have just bought what are listed as A4+ plain paper exercise books from our eduction catalogue. these worked out the cheapest I could find! Ah, just looked again - they will be the same as Bethie is using!

Edited by Janie4

I am making my own using A4 sugar paper for the pages and a card cover with nursery's logo etc on it. Ihave spiral bound them so I can add more pages if they fill up

I'd also have a look in places like Woolworths and Asda - you can pick up some real bargains there! Or maybe have a look on eBay?

We do the same as Peggy, except we use treasury tags to hold them together, this allows us to add extra pages or take them away if the profile is not filled by the time the child leaves! SOme children leave midterm for various reasons.

Hi, for our scrapbooks we use YPO, they are very durable and last all year without pages getting too tatty or coming out and are very reasonably priced. :o

Our learning journey is one which has been adapted from the EYFS pack. A4 size sheet with room for a photo and underneath, space to write what the activity was, links to the areas of learning and any other relevent stuff.

All of this, along with the child's artwork, writing samples etc will be loose in a folder until the end of the year when they will be bound in a plastic folder with a see-through front. A photo of the child on the front with a drawing of themselves and perhaps their name written on it if they can. Phew! Now to find the time to do all of this!!!

so far we've used scrapbooks bought from woolies, whs etc around £2.00 each. but am thinking of using the display books instead as have seem some cheap and think it may be easier than gluing every single thing. what do you do about photos - stick them on sugar paper then slot them in?

We are going to be using the scrapbooks from the consortium after reading a previous post on here.

I don't know how to link to the right page but if you search forum posts for 'Scrapbooks!' under title only you'll see it! I really must learn how to do that!

Cx

so far we've used scrapbooks bought from woolies, whs etc around £2.00 each. but am thinking of using the display books instead as have seem some cheap and think it may be easier than gluing every single thing. what do you do about photos - stick them on sugar paper then slot them in?

We print them out onto A4 paper with the annotation/commentary alongside. We put two in each pocket to save space.

Partners currently have them on a Buy One Get One Free offer!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)