Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Graduation Day

Our nursery has only been open for about 18 months therefore the children leaving for school this year are our first to do so. This afternoon we held our "leaver's party".

Parents were invited (obviously), we ordered graduation decorationd and table ware off t'internet, one of our NN's had baked a cake, we laid on a buffet. Got the parents all sitting down in the pre-school room, then brought the children in dressed in cap and gowns to the tune of "simply the best", plenty of oohhs and aahhs from the parents at this point!!

Pre-school leader gave a speech, she managed to get about 3 sentences out before she started crying!! Then we gave the certificates out, then played "congratulations". We also had presents and framed "leaver's poems" for them (courtesy of this site). I then tried to give a speech, managed to get 1 sentence out and cried, this set the parents off too!!

That aside we had a lovely afternoon, children enjoyed themselves and parents where delighted! If anyone is thinking of doing it next year my advice is do it!!!!

Oh Janny1960

I welled up reading the post, what a lovely day it is such a mixed emotion when children go to school the pleasure of knowing that you have prepared them well for school and the sadness of saying goodbye to children and families. I am sure the profits at kleenex must go through the roof at this time of year!!!

Sounds like a beautiful day, well done to you all. xD

Definately had a lump in my throat just reading your post............imagine what I'd be like if we'd done the same! :(

We had 42 children leave for reception this year but we have never had a graduation party for leavers. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)