Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Reception Planning

Hello All,

I am new to this site after reading lots of helpful messages just from doing Google searches and then being blocked on certain pages. I am hoping someone may be able to offer me some words of wisdom after days of searching the internet and becomming more and more confused, zones, units, principles, arghh!! I just don't know where to start with my planning and time is ticking on. I think if i had a format it might start me off.

Any help much appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the forum

My LA have come up with these and formats which I'm going to trial from next week

Fanatastic sheets Marion! As ever you always post such excellent items. Is Durham a really proactive LA in general, or just the EY section? They seem to be 'on the ball' compared with some LAs - no names mentioned! Jenni.

Thankyou I have seen a few different county's but these do seem the easiest to follow. Would you believe I bought some quite similar off a website yesterday, but they haven't arrived yet as they are coming in the post. I am going to find this new loose way of planning really difficult, mine were so detailed before and being a bit of a control freak I liked generally knowing where the learning was going.

Hi Marion,

Thanks for the link - the planning formats look really good, and I am in the process of adapting them for my own use. I appreciate that you mentioned trialling them in the next week or so, but I just wondered, how you are going to use them (sorry if that sounds a bit dim!!) What I mean is, if you are using the daily plan (with the 'adult in provision areas' and 'adult focused' bits on), are you also going to do the focus sheet plans for each adult activity?

Thanks in advance,

purplemagic x

The advice from the LA is

"It is thought that the weekly plan could be for more than one week, depending on the responses of the children.

For short term the daily room plan or the focus sheet should be used NOT both!"

I intend using the weekly area plan and the daily room plan

Hi and welcome to the forum

My LA have come up with these and formats which I'm going to trial from next week

Hi I have just signed up to this forum. I am an Australian teacher and will be commencing as an EYFS stage teacher next week. The site you posted has helped me out a great deal

thankyou

Don't you wish they were more specific about which type of settings these plans are supposed to be used. Surely the daily room plan is not for use in a reception classroom?

Don't you wish they were more specific about which type of settings these plans are supposed to be used. Surely the daily room plan is not for use in a reception classroom?

I agree, I will not be using the daily room plan in my reception class. I will do detailed weekly plans and that is it. I'm not doing focus activity plans because I simply feel that I would be doing them for someone else, because I don't need to break it down any further than a weekly plan

Thanks Rufus that's reassuring to hear someone feels the same as me. As another reception teacher can I just check this by you. Are you going to do LTP (literally with the ELG's which are going to be taught each term), MTP (not quite sure about how to change this yet), STP (weekly plans for each area of dev), STP (for linked play activities) and then the continuous provision plans in the specific areas around the class. ...... Didn't realise how much it was until I typed it out. They'll be wanting blood next!!!

Guest LOSINGTHEWILLTOLIVE

I use a daily plan which helps with the learning objectives for each focus activity and a weekly plan in our Reception class. I also have long term plans which I use for the Foundation Stage eProfile and use it to give parents some idea on our topic and what we are learning.

Hope this helps?

Edited by LOSINGTHEWILLTOLIVE

Hi I have just signed up to this forum. I am an Australian teacher and will be commencing as an EYFS stage teacher next week. The site you posted has helped me out a great deal

thankyou

Hi Ankle76, just wanted to offer you warm welcome to the forum, I look forward to getting to know you.

Peggy

Thanks Rufus that's reassuring to hear someone feels the same as me. As another reception teacher can I just check this by you. Are you going to do LTP (literally with the ELG's which are going to be taught each term), MTP (not quite sure about how to change this yet), STP (weekly plans for each area of dev), STP (for linked play activities) and then the continuous provision plans in the specific areas around the class. ...... Didn't realise how much it was until I typed it out. They'll be wanting blood next!!!

You only need to show enhancements of your continuous planning otherwise it is not continuous, is it?

You dont need a MTP. I tend to use a pacer to map my term over and use this as MTP.

Wont your linked play activities be part of your weekly plan for each area?

Hello

This is the first time that I have gone further than browsing! I am returning to Reception after 3 years with the Juniors. The forum is an absolute God-send. Thank you all. I look forward to the day that I too can make a contribution.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)