Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Changing Area

Hi all

Does anybody display continuous provision sheets in changing areas?

I have been asked by nursery manager to do this for our areas and have come to a stop, looking for inspiration.

Cheers

I'm guessing you do mean nappy changing area, given your in the BT3 forum. :o

I suppose also that changing nappies is all part and parcel of the continuous provision for this age/stage band, having said that a CP with comments such as;

PSE: dignity, well being, eye contact, interaction /building secure relationships, Toilet training, health/ ashing hands etc xD

CLL; rhymes/songs whilst changing, visual signs, talking/interacting. :(

PSRN: How much does 'it' weigh? (no, sorry not funny xD ) Maybe a number mobile to look at whils being changed? :(

KUW: Interesting things to look at ie: mirrors (grasping at straws here :unsure: ) :(

Phys; bodily functions :rolleyes: , self care skills, dressing/undressing :wacko:

Takes quite a bit of thinking about, to write down what our natural interactions with babies are whilst changing them. ;)

The main focus I would say is PSE and Phys.

Peggy

Yes unfortunately I do mean nappy changing area as this is what I have been asked to do for the baby room. It's apparently to encourage key people to focus upon making this time a special bonding time between staff and baby.

Thanks for help Peggy, this was kind of staff I thought I would have to focus upon.

PSRN - lots of opportunities when changing babies, eg

"This little piggy went to market" - ending in the final line most apt for changing area because they weed all the way home... :o

Yes unfortunately I do mean nappy changing area as this is what I have been asked to do for the baby room. It's apparently to encourage key people to focus upon making this time a special bonding time between staff and baby.

Thanks for help Peggy, this was kind of staff I thought I would have to focus upon.

I must admit I don't think it's a bad idea to have displays of how interactions take place in thi area, what I would suggest is that you get your staff to write it though, makes them think the nappie changing process through a bit more in respects of how they can make this 'activity' best for the child xD

I remember an FSF member who would write lots about the learning potential of the changing/toilet area, I think she felt she spent most of her time in there, her name evades me at the moment. (I think it was Jan or a name beginning wth J :o )

maybe if she's still around she will come along and offer more ideas. :(

Peggy

Are you referring to diane? We had quite a laugh about the fact that she should write a book on it. :o

Yes Beau, It was Diane, shows my memory cells have really gone thinking her initial was J. xD

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)