Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Confidentuality

just a quick question, what do you do about staff members taking their key childrens profiles home to update them etc. ? it has been on my mind for a while about the risk of these documents being looked at etc while they are off the premisis. i have every faith in my staff looking after the paperwork and know they understand how important keeping them confidential is but wonder if there is anything anyone else does to safeguard themselves, i have just brought some folders for each staff member and stuck stickers all over them saying ' strictly private and confidential is this enough????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest tinkerbell

Hi

I'm not nursery sorry but you say you have faith in your staff so I don't see a problem.If they have to take the paper work home which is very keen of them anyway! if not you will have to make time for them to do the confidential stuff at work and take other stuff home eg resource making?

I am school based and all teachers write reports at home so confidentiality is not an issue.

Tinkerbellx

We take ours home infact all but one staff member still have their books at home until next week. Mine are hidden from view so no one in the house (including parents) can see what are in there.

The folder idea sounds good, but we have between 4 and 8 files each and I don't think our buget will stretch to some files.

Beth

I do alot of the SEN stuff at home, IEP's etc and whenever I am writing reports I use initials until I get into work - then add the child's name. Just in case. But when they are at home I have a locked filing cabinet they go into.

I have one of those document holding cases from Tesco (yes I do live in tesco's!) which has a lock.Each child has a section and it can go too and fro securely and safe from fire damage :o Mine's grey but they now do pink and black. I bought it myself

files going home

I have one of those document holding cases from Tesco (yes I do live in tesco's!) which has a lock.Each child has a section and it can go too and fro securely and safe from fire damage :o Mine's grey but they now do pink and black. I bought it myself

files going home

Hey this looks good and usefull for pre-school managers to transport confidental documents to and from the setting like staff contact numbers, waiting list stuff etc. Guess where I am going again Tescos!!!!!

*Beth ponders which Tesco store Biccy lives in* lol,

BTW Beth and Biccy live in the same area but have never met each other.

Beth

Go up up up windy bank, through Queensbury, down ...down...down (passed Crown :o ) to Great Horton to Tesco Extra- straight road from Halifax.It's 24 hour and if I'm not on the alcohol aisle I'll be in stationery :(

Do I get clubcard points everytime I recommend Tesco's on the forum? xD

Go up up up windy bank, through Queensbury, down ...down...down (passed Crown :o ) to Great Horton to Tesco Extra- straight road from Halifax.It's 24 hour and if I'm not on the alcohol aisle I'll be in stationery :(

Do I get clubcard points everytime I recommend Tesco's on the forum? :(

Errr was joking when I said that , xD anyway I was in there yesterday! I got a few things for preschool that were going cheap although I actually went for some butter and the printer labels.

Beth

We get paid an extra 2 hours per week for writing up the children's files and this is done at home. My husband and children have never been interested enough to take a peek and if burglers broke in I'm sure they'd be more interested in my t.v./dvd etc. xD

I do understand about confidentiality and that parents have the right not to have their private details on show but it goes without saying that we are all adults and our manager trusts us to handle pre-school property in the proper manner.

However the tesco file box thingy looks good and will bring it to the attention of the boss. Thanks for that link Biccy! :o

Guest tinkerbell

I prefer the Sowerby Bridge TESCO Beth because they do loads of childrens stuff and clothes!!

Tinkerbellx

Batley is good-you get to take your trolley up the escalator and I ALWAYS do well for reduced items there

Went to ELC in Halifax after it was meantion here and got some christmas stuff reduced but called in Bradford yesterday and nothing :o

Ok so I go out shopping/take mum to see her brother in hosptial and come back on here and its looks like a battle of the best Tescos in West Yorkshire. I'd forgotten about the one at Batley with the esclators. At the rate I am going buying new equipemnent I am going to have to get a bigger car or kindly use dads while he off in Dublin!

Right back to topic, I wento to Staples they had something smilar to what Biccy mentioned,they are the same price but different sizes. So guess where I am going....................Tescos again!!!!! :o

Beth

I often feel I am very sad as I love stationery shops!!!! I could honestly spend hours in shops like Woolies/Asda in their stationery ailes. Find staples too expensive!!!

:o ..tiptoe...tiptoe...hic xD

off tonight for tesco's value laminating pouches unkess anyone knows where to get them cheaper???

don't you love laminating, just started heating mine up so by tomorrow i'm bound to need more sheets, i'll try asda thanks for that!! where do people get their printing ink from? we use printinginks.com and they seem ok on price if you get the special offers!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)