Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I've Succumbed To The Craze

Yahoo, I've just got myself a Wii fit from ebay (at a good price) xD

I had a go on my daughter-in-laws Wii fit at the weekend, I've used muscles I didn't know existed :o

I don't normally succumb to the latest fad, especially anything to do with exercise, but my weekend taster was such fun (especially watching hubby do the hoola hoop :(:( I just had to get one.

So I may be back soon asking for ideas on how to relieve 'very toned' but aching muscles. :(

any other Wii fitters out there?

Peggy

We haven't got a Wii fit - but am seriously considering buying one, Peggy! I am specially interested in the pilates-type exercises since I have a dodgy back and the physiotherapist has recommended these exercises as good for my 'core strength'.

I'll be interested to see/hear how you get on!

Maz

top of the ideas for 'what to get the kids for Christmas now they have everything and are teenagers' list so will interested to see how it goes and what you think

I'd really like one, I think my family have been trying to get one for my birthday next week, but they seem to have sold out in most of the larger retailers. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though, if they haven't managed to find one I might just have to try ebay like you Peggy.

I have a Wii but not the Wii fit yet. I'm thinking I may buy it once I've had my ankle op and I'm fit enough to use one! I do however love my Wii and it's great for my arms!

I have one... they are fantastic... my knees are killing me after doing the ski jumps.. it becomes very addictive... a bit like this forum.....i have had one for 4 months now and they are great... love the hoola hoop, step and running... my favourite is the ski jump.... have fun Peggy.... be ready for the aches and pains!!!! hopefully you have someone handy to massage those pains away!!!!

I have one - have done since they first came out - and absolutely love it. I aim to do half an hour a day - beats proper exercise and going to a gym!

We have a wii but not wii fit....would love to get one. I started weight watchers last week and a lot of people at the meeting use it to help them lose weight.

I aim to do half an hour a day - beats proper exercise and going to a gym!

See: worth the cost of it if you save on those gym fees! xD

And if things go horribly wrong you can always post a humiliating video on You Tube! (I was looking for something else last night and came across one I thought I might post on here but after the humiliation of falling off the Wii fit the subject of the video used a very bad word! :o

Maz

I have a Wii fit - generally only use it when no one else about - apart from my two year old grandson. We have had the Wii since christmas and whilst I am not into games consoles - my 17 year old has gome through the whole lot, I really like the Wii. We can play it as a famly from my two year old grandson who sits on the Wii fit making it extremely diffcult for you to play too my Mum who is 95 next year - she loves to watch everyone play and cheers us on. We all have our own little character set up , some celeberities and play tornaments when we meet up for Chinese or parties . I am no good at any of it but it is good fun. Im not as competitive as the rest of my family but will keep practicing.

smiles

We haven't got a Wii fit - but am seriously considering buying one, Peggy! I am specially interested in the pilates-type exercises since I have a dodgy back and the physiotherapist has recommended these exercises as good for my 'core strength'.

I'll be interested to see/hear how you get on!

Maz

Well, I slipped a disc many moons ago, which plays up now and then, I had a go at the weekend on the yoga exercises and thy made me concentrate on stretching my back. I'll let you know once I've used it lots whether it helps or not!!

Peggy

I have one... they are fantastic... my knees are killing me after doing the ski jumps.. it becomes very addictive... a bit like this forum.....i have had one for 4 months now and they are great... love the hoola hoop, step and running... my favourite is the ski jump.... have fun Peggy.... be ready for the aches and pains!!!! hopefully you have someone handy to massage those pains away!!!!

Picked the Wii fit up today will set up tonight once all the children are in bed. Funnily enough I said to hubby we would have to search out the massage oils, they are left, forgotton and dusty in some draws somewhere xD So another benefit to getting the game, the after care eh. :o

Peggy

How have you got on so far Peggy??!!

Are you briken yet??!! xD

As biccy we are thinking of getting one for kids for christmas. I remeber when we first got wii sports, the bowling very almost killed me!! Couldn't lift my arms above my head for days!! :o

We have a wii but not wii fit....would love to get one. I started weight watchers last week and a lot of people at the meeting use it to help them lose weight.

Good luck with the weight watchers Mrsb, I became a gold member 3 weeks ago, only had a stone to lose (which took me a year :o - amazing how many points are in a rum and coke xD , and how quickly you lose count after the first 3 :(:( )

I got one of their pedometers which I used when walking the dog but didn't 'eat' my activity points. :wacko:

I shall wear the pedometer whilst on the Wii and see how far I jog :(

Peggy

See: worth the cost of it if you save on those gym fees! xD

And if things go horribly wrong you can always post a humiliating video on You Tube! (I was looking for something else last night and came across one I thought I might post on here but after the humiliation of falling off the Wii fit the subject of the video used a very bad word! :o

Maz

I wish I'd videoed hubby doing the hoola hoops, it appears his hips can't rotate in a circle, looked more like a demened zig zag movemnt, very hilarious. :(

I shall definately ensure no hidden camera's whilst I'm on my Wii fit.

Peggy

I keep thinking of getting a wii and wii fit for the summer holidays. Errrr where have the summer holidays gone, oh well I didn't need one. Saying that there is not much room in my house and we have the main tv on all the time.

Mrs b good luck with Weight Watchers, I have lost 4 1/2 lbs during the summer holidays. AND well done Peggy for getting to goal! :o

Beth

Well apart from my weekend trial tonight was my first time with a good workout. I started with a body test which decided my fitness age is 53 xD (I'm 49) I then spent an hour going through all the excersises, with a ten minute break half way through, ended the session with another body test, I lost a little weight (about half a pound) and I now have a fitness age of 35 :(:( :wacko: .

See it does work. xD

I think I will change the time for morning use (once the children are back at school) as you can see at the moment I don't get on the Wii until the children are tucked up in bed. :unsure: ;)

I wonder how much I'll ache tomorrow. I started with Yoga so hopefully that helped with my warm-up, I certanly stretched some muscles.

One result worried me, the trainer said I was 'unbalanced' :( :rolleyes:

(Maz, that's in body not mind :o )

Peggy

So shall I ask for one for Xmas Peggy? I have been really good the last 3 weeks. Walked briskly for at least half an hour 5 times each week. Done a Rosemary Conley workout for 25 mins EVERY day and lost 5lbs in 3 weeks ( er have drunk wine at the weekend) thing is I have to measure inches and should have lost some, but have increased my waist by 1 inch and bust by one inch and I need to lose. Is it worth the agony!!!

So shall I ask for one for Xmas Peggy? I have been really good the last 3 weeks. Walked briskly for at least half an hour 5 times each week. Done a Rosemary Conley workout for 25 mins EVERY day and lost 5lbs in 3 weeks ( er have drunk wine at the weekend) thing is I have to measure inches and should have lost some, but have increased my waist by 1 inch and bust by one inch and I need to lose. Is it worth the agony!!!

If you like to 'enjoy' excersise and take it as a bit of fun and not too serious I'd say ask for one for xmas. :(

I'm no expert but depending on what exercise you do muscle building will add inches. xD

Well I planned to excersise in the morning but didn't manage it this morning, I'm giving all my children cooking lessons each day, a 'pretend' come dine with me experience over 4 days (giving hubby a break from the cooking). Last night 11 yr old made toad in the hole, tonight our 10 yr old made lasagne, followed by apple crumble custard AND icecream. :o So what with the shopping and everything, ( Hubby usually does all the wifey stuff like cooking / shopping) I didn't do my Wii.

Once my full tummy settles I shall go and do an hour, I certainly need it.

Peggy

p.s. can you believe at the age of 49 it is the first time I've cooked toad in the hole and lasagne xD:( , so I'm learning as much as the children :wacko:

p.p.s. family scored T.I.T.Hole 7/10 and Lasagne 8/10 :( (9/10 with the crumble)

we're all suffering withdrawl at the moment, bought ours before the hols and my two daughters aged 16 & 18 and myself used it pretty much every day with some pretty good results, but it had an irritating problem that it wouldn't turn on or off unless i took the batteries out and put them back in so i rang nintendo and they said it needed to be investigated so send it back .............a month ago rang them today and they are waiting for supplies to arrive from Germany as mine can't be fixed

i loved doing the step routines before work, the dogs couldn't work out why i would jog on the spot oh and as for the ski jump.......i make Eddie the Eagle look like a gold medallist i keep turning into a giant snowball .......but laugh...oh my goodness we haven't laughed so much and it has been so much fun the whole wii experience has really but especially the wii fit my previous exercise is taking the dogs for their constitutionals!

definately ask for one

My Sister in Law is visiting us on Monday and she is planning on bringing her Wii Fit with her. She absolutely loves it and is on a mission to spread the word. I'll let you know after the weekend what I think Peggy. :o

Sounds like lots of fun at your house Peggy. Can we all join in?

Your welcome, it's my 5 yr old daughters turn to cook dinner tonight, any ideas for the menu?

Peggy

My daughter has one but I'm convinced I'm dyspraxic

:(

If you discovered this on the 'steps' dance game then I know where your coming from :o or you could be colour blind?

red=step on, blue= to the side-off, purple = turn sideways on. A bit of practice and I must admit I'm getting quite good.

In fact whilst doing it last night I thought this could become the new Wii fit dance craze in the nightclubs (they don't call them disco's now do they xD )

Peggy

we're all suffering withdrawl at the moment, bought ours before the hols and my two daughters aged 16 & 18 and myself used it pretty much every day with some pretty good results, but it had an irritating problem that it wouldn't turn on or off unless i took the batteries out and put them back in so i rang nintendo and they said it needed to be investigated so send it back .............a month ago rang them today and they are waiting for supplies to arrive from Germany as mine can't be fixed

i loved doing the step routines before work, the dogs couldn't work out why i would jog on the spot oh and as for the ski jump.......i make Eddie the Eagle look like a gold medallist i keep turning into a giant snowball .......but laugh...oh my goodness we haven't laughed so much and it has been so much fun the whole wii experience has really but especially the wii fit my previous exercise is taking the dogs for their constitutionals!

definately ask for one

:oxD:(

Your skills sound similar to my level. I too am a giant snowball, my dog 'jogged' along with me tripping me up (I discovered you can jog round in a circle, the sensor still picks up your moves).

Sorry to hear you've had problems and hope you get it back soon.

Peggy