Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Statutory Frame Work For The Eyfs

don't know if I have gone over the top, but have cut and pasted and devised a sheet this afternoon from the booklet so i can check that the setting are achieving the requirements and guidance from the frame work booklet.

Will fill in the relevant section now.

Suppose im just worried in case anything gets left out. Thought i would place it into the operational plan.

Would you have a look and let me know what you think please

Many Thanks

EYFS__legal_requirements_and_stat_guidance_sheets.doc

O40

WOW, O40, I've had a quick scan read, looks like a lot of work. I don't personaly think you've gone OTT, because it's been a useful excersise for you;

1. to further familiarise yourself with the requirements / guidance.

2. to give yourself a tool to check and record how requirements have been met.

3. to evidence for Ofsted via your operational plan.

I did something very similar with the old national standards and Ofsted were impressed and said they found it useful. In my column of 'evidence' I would sometimes refer to a policy and state where that policy could be found. So it also became a type of index / director to further info. :o

May I suggest that at the end (or where ever suits you) that you have blank columns to record any actions noticed resulting from your check, with action plan such as timescale to complete, who's responsible to do it, how it will be monitored then dated as achieved, this would then make it a good 'working document' which is the idea of an operational plan' xD

Peggy

Thanks Peggy,

I too feel it will be really usefull for the setting for the areas you pointed out and also as we have 3 new staff members from sept.... It should be very informative for them.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look.

O40

Wow, O40 - you have been busy!

It looks great - but I'm wondering if you intend to fill this in by hand or on the computer? If by hand, you might need more space to show the evidence of how your settings meet the criteria. I think if it were me I'd have a separate document with the information Peggy was talking about: perhaps cross referenced using some kind of numbering system so show your action plan resulting from your 'audit'.

Either that, or I'd make it a much bigger document so that you could have all the information relating to one standard or criteria together: evidence, action plan, responsibilities etc. Then I would probably put the relevant page in the front of the section of my operational plan so that Mrs Ofsted could see how I could evidence that we meet the criteria, and where the evidence can be found.

Does that make any sense at all? :o Either way you've done a sterling job - you've probably got a much clearer idea now of what your responsibilities are, and any areas you need to tighten up on!

Well done! xD

Maz

thank you so much for useful document i have just sent some time pasting post its notes all over the eyfs to say where we are meeting then, if not and putting together a devleopemnt plan. this makes it all very clear for anyone to see.

thanks again

x

Well done 040

It might look alot but sometimes its easier to have things all on one lot of sheets. When you try and sift throught the EYFS documents it takes time to find the Statuory bits.

Well done again a good cutting and pasting exercise

Steph

Looks like you've been busy......had a quick look over it and have downloaded for future reference. If you dont mind I will probably print it off and use in the setting. I think all staff will benefit from reading it and get a good idea of what we as a setting and team have to achieve.....many thanks

its a good way of recording evidence to use for your SEF also.

I think if anything benefits the setting, staff and children then its never a waste of time or too much work

Well done

paula

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)