Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cornwall Day Out Ideas?

Hello everyone!

We're going on holiday next week to Cornwall with our nearly-2 and nearly-4 year olds and we were thinking about days out, and I thought what better place to come for good ideas?!

We're staying in a village called Crantock which is in the same kind of area as Newquay and Perranporth - does anyone know of anything that our little ones might enjoy? (We already know of a cider farm and a cream tea shop for mummy and daddy! :o )

Thank you!

We stayed in a Haven holiday park 2/3 years ago in Perranporth and had great time with lovely weather.My children are a little older so I dont' really have any ideas for you. Just wanted to wish you well for your hols and I hope the sun shines every day. Actually the Eden project was fantastic and I remember some sections cordened off for little ones for arty and crafty stuff to do. Enjoy! :o

Be warned - the weather down here currently is FOUL!!!!

Falmouth maritime museum is good for indoors if you have transport but there are loads of places to visit, there's also Pendennis Castle and across the water (take the St Mawes ferry) there's St Mawes Castle, both built by Henry viii.

Cx

Having just come back from our annual two weeks - can endorse Catma's comment :(

Always next year xD

There's always places like Flambards, although we tend to try to avoid them, personally...but when you've little ones to entertain - any port! China Clay Museum (near St Austell)- I think it's turned into some sort of 'Park' - Catma?? Heligan gardens are interesting, but need dryish weather and maybe not for littlies (not much help am I?) Paradise Park at Hayle was good, I remember, from having younger children - although, you do really need decent-ish weather....

Ooh! the Shipwreck Museum, Charlestown (again, near St Austell) - that might be ok. It's on the other coast, but nowhere is really that far from anywhere else, especially when escaping the weather :o

I know some good pubs and restaurants, though!!

Guest Wolfie

I've never heard anything but good things about the Eden Project, though I suppose it might be rather crowded at this time of year?

I spent a day on Crantock beach when the lads were little. It was full of pools left by the sea, theres also a stream running down the one side to the sea.

The tide came in VERY quickly but it was a fab place.

Theres a dairy land farm world near to Crantock, ball pools small fair ground rides, animals, obstatcle course, nature trail.

Theres another farm nearby called Springfields, similar thing but with pony rides.

Nice curry house in Newquay, near the end away from the beaches. Amusement arcades, horrid but sometimes necessary!

Have a fab time :o

Wow!!

Thank you all so much for your ideas! We're going to meet up in a cottage with my sister, her husband and their 2 year old - who are currently camping!! They mentioned the weather wasn't so great... But if it's been grotty all summer, maybe next week it'll pick up??!

Thanks for all your replies - hope you're all having good holidays, too.

x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)