Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nativity/christmas Productions?

Hi all,

I apologise in advance for even mentioning the 'christmas' word but as I have been allocated the role to co ordinate it so I thought I could begin my search here..

Just wondered if anyone has any productions they have used and think worked well or would recommend?? It will be for 4 - 7 year olds and we are a Church of England school..

any ideas and suggestions would be greatly received :)

Many thanks in advance! x

Ahh the wriggly nativity lives on! We also did that 2 years ago and it was brilliant.. can't seem to find any others that are so fun!

Have been on the out of the ark website and there have been a couple catch my eye... 'The Nativity' and 'Born in a Barn' sounds quite fun!

Ahh decisions decisions!

When I saw the title to this post I thought 'yes' that is something I was going to ask!

I'm in a pre-school (I know it's in the wrong section - is that ok??!!) Anyway. I took over my pre-school last year and last Christmas just did what the previous owners did - 'Songs around the Christmas Tree. I thought it was AWFUL!!!! The children had song sheets to take home so they could learn the words and sing them with parents (some children only in for 2 sessions), we practiced them EVERY session and we have such a small room that all of the parents were on top of each other and couldn't hear a thing! The children were completely bored of the whole thing by the time we came to do it (as was I!!). I am NOT going to do the same thing again this year.

How do people get around not letting the whole thing take over what should be happening at pre-school/school?? I realise that the parents like seeing their children 'perform' and it is nice to do something but I just feel like it is more for the parents and not for the children! Would love to hear what others think and if they have any bright ideas to combat endless practicing and boredom for the children.....

Cath

We are pre-school... we do the nativity but i only actually practice it twice before the day... and what ever happens happens... the children all make their own props/hats etc and really enjoy it... we practice a couple of songs each day but i do this at the end of circle time or story time so that it doesn't take over everything... i agree with you if you do it day in day out it all becomes too much and children as well as staff get fed up....

• 2 weeks later...

We did the wriggly nativity - absolutely fantastic. Staff enjoyed it as much (or more!!) than the children. But be warned..... the children REMEMBER the songs so we have had impromptu performances right up til July!!!!

IT WAS FUN. :o

Guest ornahayes

We did Whoops-A-Daisy Angel. Have done this with a nursery, reception, and last year both together!

The parents, chd and staff loved it and if you have nativity costumes you can reuse them. Again very catching words and even in July if a grown-up said I have a job for you, the chd would launch into song! :o

We did the wriggly nativity - absolutely fantastic. Staff enjoyed it as much (or more!!) than the children. But be warned..... the children REMEMBER the songs so we have had impromptu performances right up til July!!!!

Good evidence for creative development pt 6 then!!

Can we whisper the christmas discussions - I can't deal with it much before Dec 1st!

Cx

Hi

I've had lots of success with Jesus' Christmas party. Works well with all ages - also as ou're a church school there's plenty of room for traditional carols if you wanted to include them. The story line is very funny and very easy to learn. The narrator tells everyone what to do throughout the play so it doesn't really need practising as you practising it when you're doing it! its funniest when the children go in the wrong places because that fits perfectly with the story!

Going to look up the wriggly nativity now for my Nursery!

We did 'The Nativity' from Out of the Ark last year and at it was really wonderfu,l the songs were lovely. Nikki Davies can't go wrong. There are so many good christmas musicals around it is really hard to choose isn't it?

My class were wandering around with lengths of voile singing Angels Angels... the day we broke up for the summer xD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)