Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Crb

I use Tmg they are very goo very prompt with replies also very self explanatary paper work.

They do them free for settings I think that are registered under Ofsted.

I just had a quick look at the TMG site.......it says £50 for non volunteers, plus and additional fee of £36.............so, £86 in total??? can that be right??I have misplaced my certificate and need to get a new one......but,£86??

narnia - if you look at the faqs here they say that Ofsted are continuing to subsidise the cost for day care providers!

Phew!

Maz

Narnia are you the manager of the setting we were told by TMG that only the manager needed to pay this fee as the MANAGERS CRB DOES NOT RUN OUT i found this very strange but as the manager of the setting i still paid the fee as I felt that even the manger needs to be checked every 3 years like the rest of my team

I have had it in writing from both Ofsted and TMG that no-one's CRB needs to be renewed on a three year basis unless they have had a significant amount of time away from their position. I had to investigate this as I know our LA and some others were starting to insist that they be renewed every three years. Our LA has now backed down under guidance from Ofsted and we only need to renew/recheck if we have a concern or the person has been away from work for a period of time. We also have our management committee checked by TMG and Ofsted still cover the cost of that - thank goodness!

That's good news ! I was just about to embark on renewing our staff's checks. Once again the great people on this site come up with the goods, THANK YOU. :o One less job to do xD:( :(