Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A New Early Years Policy

Scarlettangel

I have recently looked at our Early Years Policy..........

I know we should review it every year or so but in truth it has not been looked at/ re written since 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the new foundation stage upon us and an OFSTED quite likely in the early days of next term (we are well overdue) I am wondering if anyone has a copy of or has seen online a really good up to date policy!!

I would appreciate ANY help!!!!!!

Thank you!!

:o

:o

You know my husband just said to me "IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T FIX IT"

I have been using the old policy to add in comments, cross out things but to be honest I was just looking for one to use as an idea.......

This time last year I had to write policies for the private provision bit of the nursery and I found it useful to see a couple of policies (say re behaviour) and then adapt/ alter them to suit our own setting.

I am not sure what TES is but am going to google it now so thanks for the tips!!

xD

xD

In case anyone else out there picks up on this EYFS policy thread........ do what an earlier post says and head to TES and look at the policy posted there.

Its obviously taken someone a huge amount of time to put together and I am going to use it as a starter point, and then adapt/ blend with ours.

I do believe though for those not wishing to use it as a starting point it could be adapted swiftly to use pretty much as it is.

Yay!!!!!!!

Thanks again!!

:(:(:( :wacko: :o

Hi

wanted to add my thanks for the link to TES - that is going to save me so much time and it was one of the things we have set as a target for next years bristol standard submission so thats a good starting point!

:oxD:(:(:(

Well I am so glad that I finally "took the plunge" yesterday and gave this posting thing a go!!!!

Many thanks again Magenta for the heads up re the policy on the TES site.

Although the private bit of the nursery provision that I manage had an Ofsted in May, school has not had one since October 2001 (besides a science mini inspection 2 years ago) and for the past year due to the review there has been an embargo on doing any inspections within our authority schools.

So I believe (as does our Head) that an Ofsted is likely as soon as we return to school and getting another bit of paperwork sorted is......... GREAT!!!!!

PS My son thinks I am addicted to this site already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All

Thanks for that wonderful link re eyfs policy.

I am in a bit of a muddle and would love you guys to help me out a bit. A year ago my advisor said I should list all our policies under each standard. I did this, and now need to change as standards are not there as we now have statuory guidance. Just want to know how all of you are setting your policies out. I know from reading on here the amount of policies differ from setting to setting. I read one setting had around 130 !! I want to know how I should list them out ie under which headings ?

Thanks Dot :o

Ours are just in alphabetical order and numbered pages, with a list at the front..

In operational plan we then just say where to find relevant policy..

not doing the plan this time so don't know how it is being set out, but our LEA gave us a template to use, lots already done just needs adapting to our setting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)