Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Happy Birthday Biccy!

dublinbay

Many thanks-party at our house all welcome if your in the bradford area :( 08.08.08 5pm onwards

our house is the one looking like a bro**el all red and gold with fairy lights and lanterns

It's chinese theme.

We are celebrating our 20th wedding aniversary which happens to be 'China'

My birthday as I've been looking forward to 08.08.08 since I was a little girl when I realised one day my birthday would fall on that magical date but being 45 seemed very old!!!

It's also the openning of the Chinese Olympics as 8 is considered very lucky (did anyone see the drummers!!!!!WOW)

I've not changed yet.The girls have chinese dresses to act as waitresses but I'm not sure if to wear my karate suit or blue pants and red vest with my competors number on (if you saw another thread you'll understand :o )

The family have bought me a Ipod?? i think thats what it is and secretly put all my CD collection on it.I think its so they don't have to suffer my musical tastes xD

Well this is all a bit spooky isn't it? How marvellous that the stars have aligned for you in this way so that you can theme everything for your celebrations! And how thoughtful of Beijing to put on such a fantastic celebration for you!

Although I'm not sure how you'd know what an establishment of that kind looks like, but I'll take your word for it! :o

Is your anniversary today too? Apparently the request from couples to marry today in China was such that in one town they have reduced the wedding ceremony to 60 seconds so that a record breaking number of couples can tie the knot.

I hope you have a lovely evening - whatever you decide to wear (perhaps you could change half way through the evening).

Maz

Glad I didn't miss this chance to wish you a happy birthday, and 45th Year. Funnily enough 8 has always been my favourite number, since I was very young I've just liked the aesthetics of the symbol, how the number shape flows as it is formed. :o

Sounds like you are having a fantastic pary, just wish I lived nearer to take you up on your invite.

Peggy

Well its gone half past seven and biccy hasn't been on here to report back on how the party went.

Hangover, or still celebrating I wonder? :o

Hope for biccy's sake its the latter!

Party ended at 1am and went really well and we were blessed with the weather as today has been truely awful! It was a bit chilly (for the sober ones) on the decking until 1am but I had ample supply of fleeces for everyone.

I choose the karate suit and greeted our 'honourable guests' with fortune cookies on arrrival

I did all the starters and the chinese resturant delivered the main courses on time.We had a row of slow cookers down the middle of the dinning table to keep things warm.Started at 5pm and the early guests were our friends with young children and they started leaving about 8pm and then the more mature guests (alcholics) started arriving :( We fed first sitting at 6pm then we had a rounders game adult v children and all enjoyed the trampoline xD

We couldn't sleep so we both got up at 6am to start tidying outside and I'm glad we did as about 10am the heavens opened.4 black bags of empties for skip :o I'm running on empty now....but i need tp check the lottery ticket i was bought as it was the luckest day..

this is me and my friend Bradley who came as the bearer of the olympic torch and ran around the garden to offically open the event.