Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Summer Club

chicken

Help :o i don't know were to begin!

Committee have asked me to look into and set up a summer club for two weeks during next years summer holiday!

Currently only open term time, sessional, two sessions every day.

Spoke to my early years adviser before we broke up for the holidays, only advise she could give me was 'speak to ofsted'! not very helpful. xD

Any suggestions would be very helpfull

Sherri

I will watch this post with interest as we are in the same situation as you and are looking into opening up in the holidays in order to generate more income. I think we need to contact Ofsted to change our registration to open 51 weeks of the year, but that's all I know so far.

I would have thought your first step would be to set up an action plan for Ofsted stating where the club would be, anticiptaed numbers, who would be in charge/suitable person, staffing, suitability of premises, liability insurance etc if you are using your usual premises then most of this should all already be in place and it would be a case of just contacting Ofsted for a variation on your registration.

Hi, thanks for your help. :o

I spoke to Ofsted today, I have to send then a written action plan detailing everything that you mentioned, but they also require ages of all children attending so that they can adjust this, as currently only registered for up to 5yrs, will be changing to 7yrs. Also need a list of new toys to accomodate new age range. Also need to know if we will be taking children on trips or have outside activities come into the setting. There goes my evening.

Sherri

We were also advised to do a survey of parents to see if it was needed how many would use it, amount they would be willing to pay, how many days they would use it etc, this would allow access to funds to sustain it if needed.

Inge

Thank you, i,ll look into that. :o

Also as its during the holidays the children will not be receiving their free funding so do we still have to implement the EYFS? Or can we just play, the children i mean not the adults!

Sherri

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)