Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Charity Bank Account

We have just been notified of new bank charges from Natwest.

Even though we are a registered charity they have introduced business banking charges which is a shock when we used to pay nothing.

Does anyone know a bank that offers free banking to registered charities?

Abbey National has a free bank account for all businesses, charitable or otherwise............there are limits to how uch you can pay in etc, but these are quite generous.I'm switching my account over to them..........oh, and apparantly,the give you an 8% bonus of whatever you pay in to the account for the first time when you switch to them.Worth having!

Worth going to them and complaining about the changes, saying you are looking for another bank..

we did this with Barclays and they removed all the charges and limits on number of cheques per month which we used to have..

Inge

Hmm don't talk banks to me, I'm still paying off my business bank charges from Lloyds, and I closed my business in December 07. :o Hopefully last ayment and all cleared by the end of this month. xD

Peggy

Hmm don't talk banks to me, I'm still paying off my business bank charges from Lloyds, and I closed my business in December 07. :o Hopefully last ayment and all cleared by the end of this month. xD

Shocking: as if we make enough money to pay bank charges on top! That's why I chose the Abbey: it was a no-brainer really once I realised they meant free banking forever and not just for 18 months or so!

Maz

When I took over the finances at our setting, the first thing I did was query the bank charges we'd been receiving for several years. The end result was a £800 cheque back from......Barclays who apparently changed our account and didn't tell us. We now have a community account with them with no charges. I'd definitely tell Barclays you were looking for another bank, might make them rethink. Good luck.

we have a community group account with natwest and don't pay charges as far as I know. I just looked on their website and it says you can have one if your annual turnover is less than £100,000 which ours most certainly is!!

maybe speak to natwest about changing over?

A