Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Recording Eyfs For Each Child..... Help

Hi Maz,

It would be great to have a look at your trackers too. If you have already posted them can you point me in the right direction! Thank you. xx

Right. Here it is - its in an older version of Word so it should be ok. I haven't attached it, but there is a front sheet with our logo on, a photograph of the child and the child's name and date of birth. Overleaf there is a statement of what the six areas of learning and development are, broken down into the aspects. There is a brief explanation of how it should be used, including a statement explaining that the document is not designed to be used as a ticklist in order to identify what children can't do!

And for the disclaimers: I'm as sure as I can be that I've caught any typos (see Peggy's thread re spelling :o ), and that all the L&D statements are included. However, rumour has it that I'm only human - so if you discover anything is missing can you please let me know?

Hope it helps - if anything isn't clear please just ask and I'll try to explain!

Maz

EYFS___Tracker_document.doc

We have one similar, one is used as a group overview to ensure a balanced curriculm

The other for each child dated from the observations

Hi have something simular but am trying to work out how and when to fill it out. HELP please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We analyse our children's observations and write the dates of those obs against any of the statements which are evidenced by what the child did or said. We'll then highlight the statements when we feel there is ample evidence that the child has met this stepping stone/statement.

Maz

Hi all

I have been reading through this thread and think the tracker is great Maz.

But what occurs to me in the main, here in the midst of the supposed "holiday period" is that every new bit of paperwork means less and less and less time either with the children or actually relaxing at home............

There are 2 staff in our morning nursery sessions...... myself and the teacher.

She gets PPA time I do not.

There are 2 of us in the afternoons when I am the manager and I have manged to get an afternoon that is child free once a fortnight to keep up with paperwork..... starting September

The morning teacher and my afternoon nursery nurse only come accross each other in passing and so I am the link between the sessions and don't get me wrong this informal passing of ideas back and forth has worked well for us so far (this last year) but we do not get time altogether unless its a TED.

The teacher finsihes at 11.30.

The nursery nurse starts at 11.30......... she then goes on to run our after school club!!!

How will we manage keep on top of all the info and the gathering of evidence and putting in the folders without taking them home?!!!!!!

Aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW...many thanks Maz, you have saved me a lot of work. :o bless you.

This has been one of the major jobs I keep putting off and off....so once again thanks. Just before we broke up I was visited by our CSC (child support co-ordinator) who I questioned about the EYFS because apart from a briefing which seemed like ages ago there has not been any training etc. I told her my ideas I had thought about from reading the pack, I asked about doing learning journeys in a scrap book style and she said I didn't need to do that. Also, here in West Sussex we are still waiting for the development records to be delivered and was told to carry on using the old ones just as long as I could show where it all tied in with the new EYFS...........confused!!!!!!!

So this is what we plan to do/use:

long term planning....showing festivals, celebrations, visits, special events etc

no medium term

short term planning.....weekly being led from the children's interests.

observations........snap shot (recorded on post its)

photographic observations....for individual children's records

each child to have their own profile....using Maz's form which will also include their development record when available! and the following learning journeys for parents to keep updated between open evenings.

I can't take the credit for these as I think I may have got them/ or the idea from here!

Learning_Journey_review_document___caterpillar.doc

Learning_Journey_review_document___train.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)