Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Taking Children Who Are Not Toilet Trained

Eeek....poor you hali. I think you need to invest in some industrial strength rubber gloves. I was never very good with nappies of the brown variety. The first time I had to deal with these issues I was newly pregnant with my first child and had to keep running off to the loo as my breakfast just wouldn't stay down!! It's a physcological thing now! Here's good one my youngest son suffered from rectal prolapse which meant his lower intestines came out of his bottom every time he did a no.2 - guess which lucky person had to deal with that!

Actually the worst thing I saw was a woman letting her child run stark naked from the waist down round Mothercare (in Maidenhead, hali) then she started screaming and shouting when the child did a no.2 on the floor right in front of the baby clothes!! Once everything was sorted out she walked out the store with the child still naked from the waist down and it was in the middle of winter :o.

I think this is another 'grey area' topic - I can understand pre-schools not wanting to take children who are still in nappies as sometimes messy nappies may require quite a few members of staff to deal with the situation and leave only one member of staff to look after the rest of the children. However, I think each case needs to be looked at individually and it's up to parents and pre-school staff to come up with a solution -almost like a ITP (an indivdual toileting plan) My son was never in nappies at pre-school but because of his rectal prolapse problems I would never have expected the pre-school staff to deal with that! It was agreed that I was to be called in such situations.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)