Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery Sef Form Available

Guest lucyevans

• 4 weeks later...

last week i down loaded the new SEF form from Ofsteds website. does anyone know how soon we need to complete these as looking at it it'll take time alongside planning, recording, observing and all the other stuff we need to get ready for September.

sue :o

Guest lucyevans
last week i down loaded the new SEF form from Ofsteds website. does anyone know how soon we need to complete these as looking at it it'll take time alongside planning, recording, observing and all the other stuff we need to get ready for September.

sue :o

I'm a childminder and Ofsted have told me to try and complete it by September! I'm not going to manage that, but I am hoping to complete it by the end of Sept. I would be interested to know what they are telling other settings?

Lucy

I'm a childminder and Ofsted have told me to try and complete it by September! I'm not going to manage that, but I am hoping to complete it by the end of Sept. I would be interested to know what they are telling other settings?

I have been pondering on this question since the other day - my feeling is that I was going to look at it over the holidays and then talk to the staff about it when we have our inset day before we go back in September.

Given that the EYFS becomes statutory in September and Ofsted are inspecting to the new framework from September (although lets hope their pay negoitations don't go well and they go on strike!), my guess is that it would be a good idea to have it completed or at least started by... September.

That said, I haven't actually looked at it yet: how detailed is it? :o

Maz

our local authority gave us an EYFS audit (though have seen one I think on here which is better) that looks at where we are now and how well we do it how do we know /evidence and action plan etc . They gave it us so we can look at suitable training and any gaps in our provision. we filled this in in a sort of brainstorming way at a staff meeting in rough and then I have been filling it in with eyfs speak over the last 2 weeks (not quite finnished been busy with something called time off ! ) we will use the evidence from this and our overall practice for the sef document . I am unable to do it all at once so I think if they knock at my door in September they will have some measure of how we are working and hopefully get the sef up and running as soon as able. we are also doing accreditation and I understand they will also look at this. The audit really helped us look at our practice and where we need to be but it also showed that we do most of it anyway plus we could include any new things we are instigating in sept learning journeys etc and how we will review them. anybody else done an audit?

sue

I have been pondering on this question since the other day - my feeling is that I was going to look at it over the holidays and then talk to the staff about it when we have our inset day before we go back in September.

Given that the EYFS becomes statutory in September and Ofsted are inspecting to the new framework from September (although lets hope their pay negoitations don't go well and they go on strike!), my guess is that it would be a good idea to have it completed or at least started by... September.

That said, I haven't actually looked at it yet: how detailed is it? :o

Maz

Hang on a minute...Ofsted are striking over pay deals, yet you are considering working UNPAID during the holiday to have prepared a document for Ofsted Inspectos to view. :(:(

Something doesn't add up here. xD

Peggy

I think my inspector might already be on strike. Had inspection 4 weeks ago and still not seen the report. Although when I phoned up they informed me that lots of inspectors are receiving their EYFS training at the moment which may account for the delay!!! Nice to see that they are training so in advance of September.