Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

End Of Term

oakley40

Hi all,

Just wondered how other early years settings finish for the end of term, for the summer (if we get one). Do you have leavers parties - if so what do you do.

Do all the staff in your setting go out to celebrate the end of term too!- If so what do you do !

Look forward to your replies

O40

Hi,

we have arranged a teddy bears picnic for next week. Each child brings their favourite teddy in too. We ask for donations of food. We are going to do musical statues and a pass the parcel. Then weather permitting we are going to take them outside and blow bubbles. We also ask the children to dress up in fancy dress! Hope this helps.

We also go out for a meal, all staff are invited. Then on the last day we all bring something in for a lunchtime buffet and we do a quiz. Hope this helps. :o

Our annual Party in the park.. parents come and meet us in the park for a picnic and afternoon out with the children.. we take the parachute so parents can play! and generally have a social time with all together.. tend to take over the park a bit! we always hope for good weather because if not we could not accommodate everyone in our hall.. not big enough..

Staff have a girls night in.. takeaway.. etc at one of our homes depending on who cannot get or afford a babysitter...

but this is a regular thing anyway!

Inge

we are having a leavers party this year and have booked entertainment for the last half hour but we have teddy bears picnics too on other sessions and have snack outside weather permitting. at the end of each child's last session when ever it may be we have a short 'graduation cermony' and presentation. the staff are all going out on the day of cleaning last day for a meal paid for by committee, well not them personally but you know what I mean!! :o

This year we are having an 'Ugly Bugs Ball'. Children and staff dress up as bugs and have a really good laugh. Children bring their own lunch, and at the end we do a little performance, dances, singing and finally our leavers song.

As for us girls, we usually go round one of our houses, takeaway, wine, karaoke and a good laugh. Followed by a raging hangover!! We usually have a theme too:

2007 - my baby shower; 2006 - tarts; 2005 - beach party; 2004 - pyjama party; 2003 - school disco; 2002 - The witches. :o

We're having a garden party (weather permitting) next week for the end of term - parents and children are all invited. For the children who are leaving, there are only six of them, we are taking them to one of those wacky warehouse type places for a meal and play session. All of our childrens centre staff are going out for a meal tomorrow evening. Lots going on and I have 3 sports days for my own children to fit in, leavers disco and assembly as my 9 year old transfers to middle school in Sept. Thank goodness there is only one week left - feeling exhausted just thinking about it!!!

Sally

We are having a pirate day Thursday ending in a graduation ceremony when learning story folders are given out.

We are having a faith lunch in the nursery on Tuesday to celebrate our TA's wedding.She's finishing early to travel to Pakistan for her wedding.It's a suprise party so shhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

:o YippeeYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY LAst day of term tomorrow .

We are having a Hawaiin day tomorrow(sorry about the spelling!) ALL STAFF AND CHILDREND DRESSING UP IN GRASS SKIRTS,FLOWER LEI'S ETC. wE HAVE BROUGHT LOADS OF DECORATIONS AND WEATHER PERMITTING WE WILL HAVE OUTSIDE WITH A PINATA, PIN TH ECOCONUT ON THE PALM TREE,BUBBLES,FACE PAINT AND LOADS OF FOOD(i THNG iVE OVER BOUGHT BUT HE HO MORE PROFITOROLS FOR US!!!!!!. We are all going for a meal on thursday evening .Hope everyone enjoys the break !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!before the dreaded E Y F S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)